Making Mff With Dairy Creamer

Decorating By Jaeger Updated 16 May 2009 , 10:29pm by sweetjan

Jaeger Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 16

Just wondering if anyone has tried making MFF with dairy creamer instead of regular milk or cream? I thought I would try a French vanilla flavour but I'd hate to mess up a whole batch. icon_smile.gif

Cheryl

15 replies
dsilvest Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:23pm
post #2 of 16

I have tried non flavoured half and half and it turned out fine. French Vanilla sounds great.

Win Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 16

I've used multiple different creamers. They all turn out great. Have fun experimenting!

Jaeger Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 16

Thanks for the replies. icon_smile.gif I'll definitely give the French vanilla a try.

chilz822 Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 16

I use the French Vanilla in almost every batch, yummy!

Jaeger Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 16

Now I'm really looking forward to trying it! icon_smile.gif

One more question - I made my first batch the other day using the 3 tblsp. measure, which I believe is wrong and should be 2 tblsp.? But the first batch seems to be fine. Now I'm not sure which recipe to use? icon_confused.gif

Cheryl

chilz822 Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:28pm
post #7 of 16

If you're speaking about the gelatin, I just use 3 packets, I've never measured it out.

artscallion Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:41pm
post #8 of 16

The correct amount of gelatin is 3 Tbsp, which is not the same as 3 packets. But if 3 packets is workin' for ya, it's certainly easier than measuring it out.

The correct version of the recipe is here:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7432-2-Michele-Fosters-Updated-Fondant.html

Jaeger Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:47pm
post #9 of 16

Thanks, artscallion, for posting the recipe link. I think there was some confusion recently over the correct recipe and I'm glad to see that I used the right one.

artscallion Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:10pm
post #10 of 16

BTW, I use flavored non-dairy creamer every time. I haven't found a bad one yet. And it's nice to be able to coordinate the flavor with the cake/filling flavor. I LOVE MFF!!

Cakerer Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:18pm
post #11 of 16

I actually add the powdered coffeemate (vanilla caramel - sugar free) and it's fabulous. Also have used white chocolate pudding; cheesecake pudding, you name it. I haven't tried chocolate pudding yet but can't wait!

Frankyola Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:20pm
post #12 of 16

I always use this one http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html and the french vanilla creamer. Super thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

artscallion Posted 13 May 2009 , 6:34pm
post #13 of 16

oops! actually, in checking back to another discussion of this, I see that the recipe I linked to (the one named "updated") is actually the incorrect one. The correct one is the one Frankyola linked to...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

which calls for 3 packets (2Tbsp) of gelatin. Sorry to have confused things.

Jaeger Posted 14 May 2009 , 10:45am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

oops! actually, in checking back to another discussion of this, I see that the recipe I linked to (the one named "updated") is actually the incorrect one. The correct one is the one Frankyola linked to...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

which calls for 3 packets (2Tbsp) of gelatin. Sorry to have confused things.

No problem. icon_smile.gif I ended up using 3 packets of gelatin (since they say they contain 1 tblsp. on the package but it must measure a little less) and the batch seems great. The French vanilla fondant smells fantastic!

FlourPots Posted 16 May 2009 , 10:20pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakerer

I actually add the powdered coffeemate (vanilla caramel - sugar free) and it's fabulous. Also have used white chocolate pudding; cheesecake pudding, you name it. I haven't tried chocolate pudding yet but can't wait!

How much of any of the above do you add to a batch?

sweetjan Posted 16 May 2009 , 10:29pm
post #16 of 16

sorry for the ignorance, Cakerer, but are you adding the pudding etc. that you mentioned in addition to everything else or in place of something? sounds wonderful is why I'm asking!! TIA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%