Grilled Meat Color And Eggplant

Decorating By karateka Updated 13 May 2009 , 8:55pm by shanna_banana

karateka Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 4

I tried a search but didn't find anything, sorry!

I need to make a "grilled" fillet mignon for this cake due Sunday. I'm not sure what colors to use. I was originally thinking some kind of grayed brown, with darker brown dabbed on over the very top surface, and black grill marks. Then maybe red airbrushed along the center, so to show that it's not "cooked through" yet. Does that sound right? I'm not sure.

Also, I need an "eggplant" purple for a wedding cake this Saturday. I have violet and regal purple gel colors, but can't find any really dark purple color. Can anyone tell me how to achieve that result with what I currently have?

TIA- thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
jamiekwebb Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 4

I don't know if this will help you but it may give you an idea of where to start and heres another one

karateka Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 4

shanna_banana Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 4

For the eggplant color, you might try adding black to purple. It will keep the purple color but make it darker and deeper. I do this to any color I want to be darker.

I also bar-b-que a lot and when the meat is cooking the outer edges get cooked through first, so you wouldn't see a red stripe. You might try making one side "raw" and the other "cooked." There is a really good pic in the gallery. Just search "steak." HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%