Mff Stripes

Decorating By pinkcamo Updated 14 May 2009 , 3:20am by pinkcamo

pinkcamo Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:33am
post #1 of 8

Hi y'all!!!
I've searched the site looking for tips to making STRAIGHT strips of MMF for a striped cake... with no luck.

Hoping to find some suggestions, ideas, tricks or advice.. I have two cakes this weekend, in which both have stripes, and I've never done stripes.

TIA! icon_smile.gif
Kristin

7 replies
Lisaa1996 Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:39am
post #2 of 8

I made one with stripes last week and used a ruler and a pizza cutter. Just placed the ruler on the fondant and cut along the side of it. That way you can measure the correct length at the same time. They also sell a fondant roller that cuts and embosses strips of fondant. Maybe you could try that? I believe it's called a ribbon cutter.
Good luck!

pinkflower1212 Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:26am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaa1996

I made one with stripes last week and used a ruler and a pizza cutter. Just placed the ruler on the fondant and cut along the side of it. That way you can measure the correct length at the same time. They also sell a fondant roller that cuts and embosses strips of fondant. Maybe you could try that? I believe it's called a ribbon cutter.
Good luck!

Ditto on the ruler and the pizza cutter. That was my reply before I even read Lisaa1996's reply.

sgauta Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:35pm
post #4 of 8

Definitely a ruler (I use a yard stick for longer stripes) and a pizza cutter or knife. I tend to use a knife more than a pizza cutter because I feel like I have more control, but that's just me! Good luck.

~Sarah

pinkcamo Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 8

Thank yall!! I bought me a couple plastic rulers today!! icon_biggrin.gif

katgal Posted 13 May 2009 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 8

I use the ruler too, but there is a product you can buy ( I've been meaning to) that has 2 rollers with a stick through the middle. You adjust the rollers to the width you need, then cut. I've seen them a few places, but the last place was Sharon Zambito's website...sugaredproductions.

sheilabelle Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:17am
post #7 of 8

I have the W i l t o n ribbon cutter. It is O.K. but not the best. It doesn't cut through the fondant cleanly and it leaves fuzzy edges. Just my opinion. icon_smile.gif

pinkcamo Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:20am
post #8 of 8

Sheila thanks, I hated to spend $16 (or less w/ coupon) for that and it do exactly what you just described!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%