What Is The Average Size Template

Baking By sweetjane3 Updated 12 May 2009 , 8:20pm by GeminiRJ

sweetjane3 Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 4

Hello every one. I'm pretty new to CC and I can't go a day with out it. The question I have is what is the average size used by most when cutting out a plastic tempate for a cookie? I'm going to make some NFSC's for my daughters preschool carnival and not sure what size would be best. Most of my cookie cutters are about 3 1/2 ". Does this sound right?

3 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 4

3 1/2" is usually what I aim for. It's a good size cookie...not too big, not too small. If the cookie you want to do has a lot of detail, a bigger template will make decorating the cookie easier.

sweetjane3 Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 4

Wow! Your cookies look awesome! Thanks for the info. If I were to make a cookie bouquet, would I want to make the cookies a bit larger as well? I was thinking of making something for my daughters teachers at the end of the school year. As a thank you. (If the carnival ones turn out.)

GeminiRJ Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 4

I don't think I'd make the cookies a particular size simply because they are going in a bouquet. I usually shoot for a couple different size cookies for bouquets because I think that makes the bouquet a bit more interesting. There's no right size or wrong size cookies to use...it's totally up to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%