Why Am I Freaking Out?

Lounge By paula1234 Updated 14 May 2009 , 1:50pm by -Tubbs

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 6

I do not know why I am having a panic attack thinking about a fondant class I am teaching Thursday night. I do fondant all the time, have taught classes before, so what in the world is wrong with me. I think I am overwhelmed. Last week, my oven blew up, got a new one. I actually got all my orders done ahead of time. My mother passed away 1 1/2 years ago, so this mother's day I was determined to have a good mother's day, got up and found out that my brand new washer was stopped up, had to remove my drain filter along with my 15 year old, had about what seemed like 10 gallons of water everywhere, cleaned mess up and from then on, everything went down hill. This week I have 10 cake orders due plus the class. I guess what I am trying to say is does anyone have any suggestions or ideas. In this class, no one has even heard of fondant, so I am starting with what is and how it is used, and how to store it.The class is going to be at a community church, where I did a car cake with gumpaste frogs for the cub scouts and everyone was amazed. I will be covering a cake board and a cake with fondant Anyway, once again thanks to everyone that reads my posts and for there advice. I really love this site, not just for the advice, but everyone seems to really care.

5 replies
Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 6

10 cake orders alone would have me up the walls let alone having a child and teaching classes!! just take a deep breath and tell yourself you'l be fine, you can do it, have done it and will do it!!! this week will be over and a new one starting all over again so you will get through it icon_smile.gif

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 6

I suggest....a nap.

Seriously. It really sounds like you need to make some "me" time to detox the stress. Maybe lock yourself in the bathroom with some bubble bath, a book, and your favorite snack for an hour or so. That kind of thing. Because it sounds like the class is a trigger, not a cause, and the cause is all the stressful stuff that's gone on for you.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 May 2009 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 6

You have a very, very full plate. It's no wonder you are having panic!
You will do just fine. We always do.
Do as varika saidicon_smile.gif Rest, relax, even if only for an hour. Then........ Get as much as possible done ahead........bake those cakes; make that icing; make any decorations you need now so you don't have a lot to do at the last minute.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 12 May 2009 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 6

It helps me to make lists. I make a list, then put an A, B, or C beside them, in order of importance. Then I just start knocking out the A's, B's and C's. I also am a fan of giving myself a timeline, and sticking to it.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:50pm
post #6 of 6

Yup, I'm with michellenj on the lists. I was awake last night thinking of all the things I have to do in the next few days. As soon as I got up I wrote everything down in a brain dump, and later I'll organize it into more coherant thoughts, daily lists etc.

Maybe try that, then have a glass of wine and a long hot bath!

Good luck - sounds like everyone will be impressed with whatever you do at the course, if it's new to them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%