Runny Frosting

Decorating By kori_parker Updated 13 May 2009 , 3:19pm by kori_parker

kori_parker Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 5

ok so everytime i try to start decorating a cake the frosting gets all hot and runny in the bag and it just starts to run out the tip and you really cant even tell what kind of cake i am trying to do! im new at this and it is starting to get frustrating. i also dont know what kind of supplies i should have as the basics for my wilton classes my uncle is going to pay for me to take!

4 replies
underthesun Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 5

What recipe do you use for the frosting? There are several tips CC's have shared with me (putting bag into freezer to get cool again or keeping a second bag in fridge to trade out with), but I've found the right recipe is also very important.

solascakes Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 5

Your frosting might be
1, too runny
2, you need to put the filled bag in the freezer for a few minutes to harden up
3, you might have really hot hands,and so again you need to freeze bags for a while, or have two as the previous husband has said.

kakeladi Posted 12 May 2009 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 5

..........dont know what kind of supplies i should have as the basics for my wilton classes ............

All you need to take to your 1st Wilton class is a credit card, pen and paper icon_smile.gif
The instructor will go over everything needed. When you see what is used & how you will know if you need to buy it or can sub something you already have at home.

kori_parker Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 5

i use frosting out of a can because the last time i tried to make frosting myself from a recipe i found online it was a disaster! i usually use that pillsbury or whatever.

thanks for all the tips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%