Color Flow Help!!

Decorating By Cupcakeluv24 Updated 12 May 2009 , 9:04pm by Cupcakeluv24

Cupcakeluv24 Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 7

Hello lovely cakers I have a question, I am about to have my first run in with COLOR FLOW. I have the Wilton color flow mix. Where do I start, do I make it thicker to do the out line then thin it out to fill in the design? HELP HELP HELP.

Thanks a million.

6 replies
KacieMeredith Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, Im still a newbie but have done color flow a few times...but yes make it thicker for the outline, and thin it out for the middle. Idealy it will just spread itself out and fill in the outlined area. I had a few trial and errors. And I personally always try to do a minimum of two of each thing in color flow becuase it seems atleast one always breaks for me. I hope this helps! icon_biggrin.gif

Cupcakeluv24 Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks Kacie, now what about the coloring running together? does that happen? What I am making is a Martini glass with a pink "drink" color.

Thank you

KacieMeredith Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 7

The main problem I have had with the colors bleeding, was when I do black outlines, the only semi solution I have figured out that helps a little is letting the outline dry completely. Other than that I think others might be a better help with ideas.

Eme Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, let any black outlines dry completely before filling in with other colors... outline other sections in their appropriate colors and let them also dry completely. Any time you have wet areas next to each other you take a chance on bleeding... colors from one area will diffuse to another - basic science thumbs_up.gif

HTH, good luck!

SweetMelissa2007 Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 7

Also, if you want the outline to stay seperate then let it dry but if you want a "seamless" plaque, then just outline and fill immediately.

Cupcakeluv24 Posted 12 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone, now off to try it crossing my fingers.... ok maybe I am over reacting but you the feeling the first time you try something.

Thanks again happy baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%