Awwwwwwwww...

Decorating By RobzC8kz Updated 12 May 2009 , 7:20pm by TheCakerator

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 5

I had four orders for this weekend worth $850.00 total. Yesterday, I got the flu!!! Everyone in my house is sick with it. My Wife and I are the last to get it.

I had to cancel all four orders and believe me, the customers were not happy. They all understood my point of not wanting to contaminate the cakes, but they were not happy about having to make other arrangements!!

I know I did the right thing by canceling these cakes. The last thing I want to do is get everyone sick! I just feel really bad about leaving them all in the lurch.

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 5

I hear you..I had the flu last week but luckily it was my son's birthday cake I needed to get done..Other wise I would have cancelled also...

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 5

That sucks! Hope you & your family is feeling better soon.

Hopefully you'll be able to recoup some of the lost business when you are feeling better.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 5

Sorry to hear about it...My husband and I had the flu at the same time a few years ago, and we could barely move (literally) for a couple of days. I wouldn't have been able to do any cakes, either.

If I was one of the customers you had to cancel, I'd be sending you flowers to thank you for not spreading the germs around!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 5

sorry you had to lose the orders, but better safe then sorry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%