Cracker Barrel's Coke Cake?

Baking By shell62995 Updated 12 May 2009 , 5:01pm by shell62995

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 6

My mom was telling me about a cake she had a few years ago and still thinks about it. They no longer sale it there. She said it was a cola cake w/ chocolate frosting. Does anyone know the one she is talking about and tried it? Any recipes for this cake floating around?
Thanks!
Michele icon_wink.gif

5 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 6

Found this on a google search: http://www.recipezaar.com/Cracker-Barrel-Double-Fudge-Coca-Cola-Cake-162337

Hope it's the one thumbs_up.gif

Lee9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee9 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 6

Cracker Barrel's desserts are seasonal, so it should be back. My husband loves their carrot cake but they didn't bring it back this past fall.

wakeandbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakeandbake Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:41pm
post #4 of 6

here's one from the cake mix doctor.

the cake:
veg. oil spray for misting 9x13 pan
1pkg plain white cake mix
4tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
8tbsp butter (melted)
1c cola
1/2c buttermilk
2lg eggs
1tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2c mini marshmallows

cola frosting:
8tbsp butter
4tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3c cola
4c powdered sugar, sifted
1c chopped pecans

pre-heat oven to 350. mix all cake ingredients together (except marshmallows) on med. 2 min. then fold in marshmallows. pour into prepared pan then bake 40-42 minutes.
for frosting, place butter in med. saucepan over low heat. as butter starts to melt stir in cocoa powder and cola. let mixture come just to a boil, stirring constantly and then remove from heat. stir in powdered sugar until the frosting is thickened and smooth. fold in pecans. pour frosting over cooled cake.

burgderb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
burgderb Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 6

I use to make this all the time my kids loved to help and add the cola as it fizzed, it was similar to the recipe czaar recipe I got it from an old southern cookbook. The cake was delicious you didn't want to leave it on the counter as you would just be too tempted. Hate to be a killjoy but I actually read the calorie content one day, so I don't make it anymore 800 cal and almost 38 g fat per serving

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:01pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgderb

800 cal and almost 38 g fat per serving

icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%