Making A Stack Of Books?

Decorating By AllyR Updated 13 May 2009 , 12:01am by AllyR

AllyR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllyR Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

I am planning to make a stack of books for my brother's graduation from law school. I have a few questions.

1) if any one has ever done a book and knows of a good tutorial/set of directions, that would be ideal!

2) How can i get the fondant "cover" to not just fall down the sides (even if it's only a 1/4in or so)? My fondant is not that sturdy usually.

Thanks everyone! Your talent is much appreciated!

Ally

3 replies
MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 4

Here is a link to a discussion: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-581749.html, this should help you. When I did my book I measured how much fondant I needed to wrap around and just allowed maybe a 1/8 to 1/4" overhang, then after I rolled the fondant our and cut it the size i needed, I put it in the freezer for a few minutes before applying, it makes it a little easier to handle.

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 4

You can support the overhang with styrofoam blocks until it hardens somewhat and will stty stiff over the edge of the "book." Also, after rolling out the fondant and cutting it to the exact size you need, leave it on the counter for a few minutes to harden a bit, then wrap around cake.

AllyR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllyR Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:01am
post #4 of 4

Thank you! This is great info. I will let you know how it goes icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%