Cake Stand Charge???

Decorating By bcake1960 Updated 12 May 2009 , 6:17am by Ruth0209

bcake1960 Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:48am
post #1 of 10

Does anyone charge seperate for the Cake stand??? I have a Wedding cake I am pricing and Dh asked if I was charging for the use of the Cake Stand?? Hum... got me thinking?? What do you all do? To charge or not to Charge that is the question... I am charging starting at 2.65 a slice for BCream and 3.65 for Fondant.. I live in a rural area and will be driving 20 miles to deliver and am charging 35.00 delivery.. Ok let me have it.. does this sound in line????

9 replies
bcake1960 Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:56am
post #2 of 10

**bump** PLEZZZZEEE ANYONE???

pattycakes4 Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:04am
post #3 of 10

If I am using plates and pillars I don't charge to use them. If it is an expensive cake stand that I had to buy, I charge 35.00 rental on the stand. I keep a credit card on file for this customer and if it doesn't come back, their credit card is charged. Before I took credit cards, they had to leave a deposit for the cost of the stand. When it was returned, they get their money back.

bcake1960 Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:17am
post #4 of 10

Ok so you charge 35.00 fee for the stand and hold a deposit?.. Ok.. that is what I was thinking.. I usually dont charge for plates and pillars but this is my acrylic different hight cake stand.. lots of pieces etc.. Thanks for replying...

pattycakes4 Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:22am
post #5 of 10

Yes, don't let your stand go out the door without something as a deposit! You will be surprised to find out how many people don't do what they say when they tell you they are bringing it back! If you have their money, they are anxious to get it returned to you! Make sure if it is returned in a box, you look at it to make sure every piece is there and nothing is broken before you return their deposit.

fosterscreations Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:27am
post #6 of 10

I charge a deposit that is equal to the price of the stand. It is returned to the Bride once I have the stand back in the same condition as they got it. If there is any damage I keep a % of the deposit.

bcake1960 Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:45am
post #7 of 10

GotchYa! Thank you..

gladysrdz24 Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:01am
post #8 of 10

We charge a deposit also. Its usually between 100 to 200 dollars depending on the size of the cake and how many pieces are in the cake. Sometimes is more that what the cake stands are really worth but if you charge too little they might not bring it back at all. And also you woulding think that you would have to tell them to bring it back clean but Ive had people bring back dirty cake stands. I tell them that if they bring it back dirty Im automatically bumping 25 dollars off their deposit.

cocobean Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:09am
post #9 of 10

I don't think most wedding cakes come with the use of a cake stand included in the price. There should be a RENTAL fee plus a deposit. When they return the stand in perfect condition they can get their deposit back but not the rental fee! Call around and see what it costs to rent just a cake stand. I know those big silver ones are maybe 50.00. If they don't want to RENT yours let them find their own stand.

The refundable deposit should cover the cost of the stand just in case it was ruined. icon_surprised.gif
The rental fee is paid to you for letting them use it. icon_smile.gif
Just my 2 cents.

Ruth0209 Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:17am
post #10 of 10

I don't charge a rental fee, but I do require an equipment deposit that is equal to the full replacement cost. It has to be returned to me (I don't go back and get it) fully intact by Wednesday for Saturday events. My cupcake stand cost me $75, so that's the deposit. I refund all of that if they bring it back. I also charge a deposit on cake dummies if they want to bring them back. If they just want to throw them out, I add the cost for the dummy to their order (about $15 each depending on the size).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%