Edible Print On Fondant

Decorating By jerlyn Updated 14 May 2009 , 1:06am by jerlyn

jerlyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerlyn Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:27am
post #1 of 5

can i use an edible frosting sheet in fondant covered cake?can i also refrigerate it ?please help if anyone knows..i need to make a gucci pattern diaper bag and i plan to print the logo..thanks

4 replies
kakealicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakealicious Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:44am
post #2 of 5

I just did some stickers for a luggage cake I'm doing and worked great. I just used some light corn syrup on the fondant so that the image would stick. I didn't refridgerate it but I've always been told that refridgerating fondant is a no no. Hope this helps and good luck!

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:05am
post #3 of 5

Just did that for a wedding cake, they wanted the same monogram as in the invitations so I made a fondant/gum paste plaque and put the printed monogram on it no problem. I actually printed the BC paper in my regular printer (regular ink) since it was going on a plaque that was not going to be eaten.

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlyn

can i use an edible frosting sheet in fondant covered cake?can i also refrigerate it ?please help if anyone knows..i need to make a gucci pattern diaper bag and i plan to print the logo..thanks

definitely you can use an EI ! Just be aware that the image paper is white, so if you cut around the logo, you will have a white border unless you cut exactly around the logo.

If you want to regrigerate or freeze a fondant cake, put the box in 2 or 3 knotted bags. Then when you remove from the fridge/freezer, let it sit IN ITS WRAPPINGS for a few hours until it comes to room temperature, then condensation won't form and it won't sweat.

Good luck!

jerlyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerlyn Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:06am
post #5 of 5

thanks for the replies.

Is it also possible to refrigerate it after i put the edible ink print out on a fondant cake..will the image sweat or fade?im planning to stick the whole edible logo of gucci it s the bond paper size.. the diaper bag cake would have the entire logo of gucci....please help me if anyone knows..thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%