Large Cheesecake?!?!?

Decorating By AmieW Updated 12 May 2009 , 11:27am by Cookie45

AmieW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmieW Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:21am
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to make a 75 person cheesecake. I want to use my regular 12X8 sheet cake pan without having to go buy ANOTHER FREAKIN PAN!!!!!!! How would I get it out without the huge care of it breaking? Any help is happily taken!!!!

3 replies
Cookie45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie45 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:40am
post #2 of 4

The only thing I can think of is to line the cake pan with parchment paper so that it overlaps the sides, then bake the cake and freeze it.

The parchment will allow you to remove it from the pan, then you can peel it off, and move the frozen cheesecake to your serving platter.

I might try this in a smaller pan to see if it would actually work before I made the ordered cake.

Good Luck

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:37am
post #3 of 4

The real question is how you would ever get it to bake through and through without completely toasting the edges. You would not be able to bake it in a water bath unless you had an even larger pan than that.

Frankly, I would tell the person ordering it that I can provide x number of round cheesecakes to yield the desired number of servings. Baking cheesecake correctly is WAY more important than somebody insisting on a certain (and freaking ridiculous) pan size.

But that's just me. icon_biggrin.gif

Cookie45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie45 Posted 12 May 2009 , 11:27am
post #4 of 4

I have a 16 inch cheesecake pan and I made a tiered cheesecake for a wedding using graduated sized pans. I wasn't able to do a water bath on the bigger pans and they baked just fine. icon_biggrin.gif No frizzled edges. Actually I didn't do a waterbath on any of them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%