Need Help Asap, 42 Yr. Retirement At Railroad

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 12 May 2009 , 4:25pm by brightbrats

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:17am
post #1 of 6

Customer sent this:

I don't want to go overboard on the price and I don't intend to feed everyone a piece of cake, but I need something bigger than a regular 2 tier cake. A little bit of writing--something light hearted ,funny, casual--he's a big guy who loves to have a good time. CSX colors are yellow & blue. Think about it, give me some ideas & prices.

O.K. He is retiring from the CSX trains after 42yrs. I don't think I could do a 3D model of the train, looks pretty complecated. I'll post a picture, so you all can see what one looks like.

There are alot of great train cakes on here, but most are kind of kiddie. I need something for a grown man.

Any ideas you throw out there will be considered and greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa
LL

5 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:25am
post #2 of 6

They need something bigger than a regular two tier. Hmmmm. I would ask for more clarification before decide on design.

Have you seen those "road of life" cakes where there is like a ramp that circles around the tiers? what if you put a railroad circling the tiers and then make a train topper?

Then I would try to find some railroad puns to write on the tiers if I could fit it

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:28am
post #3 of 6

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1228793

I knew I could find a pic of what I had in mind! Of course, i would try to make it a little more mature and masculine, but you get the idea!

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:33am
post #4 of 6

What about a train track ending with an "End of the line" sign and on the other side of it a scene from his retirement eg armchair, slippers & paper or fishing or whatever his interests are? That way you avoid making a train...

brightbrats Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:01am
post #5 of 6

Thanks guys. Both ideas are great. I'll have to do somemore figuring it out. Anyone else have any ideas to throw arond ?

Lisa

brightbrats Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 6

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%