Anyone Make The Martha Stewart Daisy Cake?

Decorating By sugar-2 Updated 19 Jul 2009 , 6:59pm by ziggytarheel

sugar-2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugar-2 Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #31 of 39

Thanks, customer just picked it up and LOVED it...phew!!!!

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #32 of 39

Daisys are my favorite flowers to make, I usually keep a supply on hand, you just never know when that is just what you need to finish a cake.

Bugaboo_Bakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bugaboo_Bakery Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:37am
post #33 of 39

I am making this cake for a wedding in August. It is going to be 4 stacked layers, 12, 10, 8, and 6. Do you think 300 daisies would be enough or should I do about 500?

Your cake turned out gorgeous!!

lauritasolorzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauritasolorzano Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:10am
post #34 of 39

It is really hard to know how many you would need. Because it also depends on the size of the cutter that you use. I'm thinking that if you do 400 it's ok. The great thing about this cake is that you can star putting daisies to the top tier and work down the cake. If you start to run out of flowers you can spread them a little bit more.
Laura

Bugaboo_Bakery Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:24am
post #35 of 39

Thanks Laura! I am excited to make this cake it is absolutely adorable. I am putting a bit of a twist on the daisies...their centers will be coated in disco dust so they are little sparkly, disco balls. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 12:11pm
post #36 of 39

Yeah! I'm glad the customer liked it! I'm gonna go take a look at again!

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 12:28pm
post #37 of 39

I keep putting off trying fondant or gumpaste decorations, mostly because I want to start out small, not buying too much at first. I've been wondering if starting with a daisy cutter and whatever necessary tools would be a good start?

And if it is, what would good choices be? I'm just wanting to learn. I looked at what A.C. Moore had in stock and I had no idea which of the types of daisies would be best to try.

I love this cake and would love to surprise someone with it. Every one of you have done a great job with it! Really makes me want to try.

Thank you!

Bugaboo_Bakery Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 7:53pm
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytarheel

I keep putting off trying fondant or gumpaste decorations, mostly because I want to start out small, not buying too much at first. I've been wondering if starting with a daisy cutter and whatever necessary tools would be a good start?

And if it is, what would good choices be? I'm just wanting to learn. I looked at what A.C. Moore had in stock and I had no idea which of the types of daisies would be best to try.

I love this cake and would love to surprise someone with it. Every one of you have done a great job with it! Really makes me want to try.

Thank you!

Ziggy, I use the medium daisy cutters that came in the Wilton Course 3 kit. They are like these (http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=B4720B02-802D-F658-048826F1EA73F43F&fid=D773F888-1E0B-C910-EAB4E1238D7F1866). If the link doesn't work if you go to wilton.com, under their shop page is a link for fondant shop, and look under fondant cutouts.

You use a small amount of gumpaste, roll it out thin, cut it out 2 shapes out, place on a thin piece of foam, use a veining tool in the center of all the petals. Add a small amount of gumpaste glue in the center of one flower and put the other flower on top. Then roll a small amount of yellow to make the center. You can roll it in shimmer, glitter, or a dust then attach to the center of the flower.

I hope that makes sense! LOL

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 6:59pm
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytarheel

Thank you!

Ziggy, I use the medium daisy cutters that came in the Wilton Course 3 kit. They are like these (http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=B4720B02-802D-F658-048826F1EA73F43F&fid=D773F888-1E0B-C910-EAB4E1238D7F1866). If the link doesn't work if you go to wilton.com, under their shop page is a link for fondant shop, and look under fondant cutouts.

You use a small amount of gumpaste, roll it out thin, cut it out 2 shapes out, place on a thin piece of foam, use a veining tool in the center of all the petals. Add a small amount of gumpaste glue in the center of one flower and put the other flower on top. Then roll a small amount of yellow to make the center. You can roll it in shimmer, glitter, or a dust then attach to the center of the flower.

I hope that makes sense! LOL

Thank you! I had stopped checking this thread. Glad I did again today. I see daisies in my future!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%