Fairytale Princess Camping?! Any Ideas?

Decorating By LeckieAnne Updated 15 May 2009 , 9:02pm by Bellatheball

LeckieAnne Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 6

So my niece wants me to make her daughter's 4th BDay cake - fairytale princess camping. They're camping out and having a picnic - and bday girl wants a princess cake. My niece thought maybe a princess sitting around a campfire. I suppose I could try to model a princess - but it's not my best area.

Anyway - I don't have a single clue where to start with an idea for this. Thought I'd run it by all of you!

Thanks so much!

5 replies
pipercakes Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 6

Wow - that is a challenge.

How about a camping tent that has been 'modified' to look like a princess castle. That could be funny!

Or a princess using her star-tipped wand to roast marshmallows.

A play on the princess and frog prince, camping by a pond?

justsweet Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 6

You can make a tent - color pink or what ever color. The on the sides you can put a cut out of fondant crown. Have it shine with luster or sparkle dust.

I made a tent out of styrofoam and put it on a round cake (see pics).

If you do that you can cover the bottom with simple flowers. Have a campfire by the tent. with a little crown and wand out side the tent. Her feet can be sticking out if you want.
I hope that helps.

Good luck

ahuvas Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 6

hhaha I like the feet sticking out bit - in high heels of course! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Yenep Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 6

How about around the outside of the cake is evergreen trees and grass, etc. On the top could be a sleeping bag and a crown next to a small campfire out of buttercream or fondant. That way you don't have to sculpt anything too crazy difficult!

Bellatheball Posted 15 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #6 of 6

I have a tent cake in my photos. It's not my favorite work but my nephews loved it. Maybe you could make a tent and have the princess' faces peaking out of the tent?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%