Elmo Cupcakes - Help!

Decorating By jdogga Updated 20 Aug 2005 , 11:50am by beachcakes

jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:29am
post #1 of 6

I made a batch of MMF the other day adn let it sit in the fridge until tonight when I started decorating the cake...THe first time I sued MMF I loved it, no problems at all...this time around, not so much!

I can't roll it out! I need a fairly big piece and it keeps cracking when I roll it out...I have tried crisco, corn starch and nothing is working!
I keep having to put it in the microwave bc it gets too cold and dries out!

What can I do???

5 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:34am
post #2 of 6

Ok, crisco was going to be my suggestion. I don't think your supposed to put MMF in the fridge. I usually cover it well and leave it on the counter.
Hoping someone has a better answer for you.

becca0926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0926 Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:42am
post #3 of 6

Yeah i agree.I never put it in the fridge.I think that's why it's drying out on you.I just double bag it in Ziploc bags and leave it on the counter.I'm not sure how you can fix it now.

becca0926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0926 Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:43am
post #4 of 6

Maybe leave it out but well covered until it comes to room temp.Then try working with it.

jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:56am
post #5 of 6

i have been playing with it for so long now! I'm cutting the piece out and patching them on the cake! ahhhhhhhhhh i'll post when i'm done!
thanks everyone!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 11:50am
post #6 of 6

I know it's too late now, but try microwaving it for 20 seconds or so. You may need to do it more than once. Another way is to knead some Crisco into it. I store mine at room temp. too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%