I Have Two Requests From Customers!

Decorating By Sweet_Cakes Updated 16 May 2009 , 6:09am by madgeowens

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, first:

A bride is marrying her groom who is a diabetic. He wants a Red Velvet cake that is sugar free, and I can't find a recipe anywhere!

Second:

This mom would like me to make a standing up Dora cake. The only way I can figure out how to do it is to have the Dora sitting on a sheet cake, and make Dora out of rice crispy treats using white pipes as support...am I getting in above my head here?

Thanks for the advice!

3 replies
ncox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncox Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 4

I would search for a regular yellow sugar free cake recipe then turn it into red velvet with the addition of cocoa powder and red food color.

I've seen some standing Sponge Bob Square Pants cakes on this site - see link below. Maybe you can pm the decorator for more info.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=737043

HTH!

2SimplySweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:56am
post #3 of 4

PB now has box cakes that are made with Splenda 50% less sugar. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 16 May 2009 , 6:09am
post #4 of 4

Most doctors tell diabetics that they need to watch the carbs more than anything............just a smaller piece of cake would be the answer I would think..........I really do not think there is a sugar free cake.............if it has carbohydrated, then it has sugar.....carbs are eventually broken down in the body to glucose(sugar). Maybe she should talk to the doctor before she orders a cake. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%