Any Experts On Gumpaste Dasies?

Decorating By mareg Updated 18 May 2009 , 2:41pm by mareg

mareg Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making an Alice in Wonderland teapot cake for my daughter. I was thinking of putting dasies on the top with the Alice figurine. Is there a tutorial? or Any hints on making them? What are the best cutters?

7 replies
mareg Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 8

PS: I also wanted to put them on wires.

SugarLover2 Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 8 There is a link to a tutorial I found. It looks like a good one too. I have the PME cutters and love them!

SugarLover2 Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 8

One comment on the tutorial though-if you want the flowers more lifelike I would roll out the gp super thin. Her petals are rather thick but it otherwise looks like she has some great flowers on the site that we can learn from.

Rosiepan Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 8

Don't know if this is any use to you.

FromScratch Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 8

I have this set frmo global sugar art... ... and I really like it. I find you get nicer edges with the metal cutters. I do have some plastic PME cutters though and they aren't bad at all. icon_smile.gif

Make your centers first and put them on wires. Make them thin though or your finished flowers will be thick in the center. Make your inner petals that hug the center and let them dry and then move onto your outer petals.

I have to make a bunch of these this weekend. If you don't need them sooner, I can take some pictures of the process. icon_smile.gif

mareg Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:38am
post #7 of 8

Thanks a bunch! Yes I do need them this weekend. I settled on a daisy cutter from the wilton set. Its more of a whimiscal daisy since its for Alice in Wonderland. I'm not reall concerned with it looking real enough.

mareg Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:41pm
post #8 of 8

Here's the Alice cake. Thanks for the help with the daisies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%