18 Inch Half Round Pan

Decorating By lisa5573 Updated 11 May 2009 , 7:40pm by lisa5573

lisa5573 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa5573 Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 5

I recently bought an 18i nch half round pan, 2 inches deep. Can anyone tell me how much batter I will need for this pan? Also, does anyone have any recommendations on temperature and time for baking?
Thanks

4 replies
bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 5

I don't have that pan, but a good tip I've learned is to just fill the pan cup by cup with water to the height you would want the batter to be. That will give you an idea how many cups of batter you would need.

Hopefully someone else will have better answers for you.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 5

I just made 2 layers for a wedding cake last night (4 half pans) and it took 2 recipes of cake batter for each one. I know I will trim some off of the top - which is what I want to do to be sure I get the height I want. I was using a modified cake mix recipe.

Now tell me this -- why can't we buy half sizes in the square pans??? If a round won't fit in your oven and square one sure isn't!

HTH

Suze

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 5

I agaree the 18" 1/2 round should use 2 mixes.
Hope you have better luck w/your 1/2 rounds than I did! I could never get a real round cake - it was off by about 1" in the center resulting in an slightly oval cake icon_sad.gif Same problem with both 16 & 18" 1/2 rounds.

lisa5573 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa5573 Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone. I'll have to practice and hope to get them round. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%