First Wedding Cake!!

Decorating By dulceleche Updated 12 May 2009 , 1:52am by cylstrial

dulceleche Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 16

Hi !!
I wanted to show you my first wedding cake. It was lilac roses (though they show blue in the picture), fondant, vainilla cake with strawberry buttercream. I was given a picture of another cake to copy.
I had some issues with the fondant cracking a while after the cake was covered, but I disguised it with the flowers. Also the cake color started to fade at the reception, I guess it caught too much light on the way to the reception (it was only a 10 minute ride!)
I have to thank everyone because I got a lot of useful tips from this site.
I am open to all suggestions to improve!
What do you think?
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1366131

15 replies
Minstrelmiss Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 16

Beautiful! Congratulations on all your hard work!! thumbs_up.gif (I wish the cake that was made for me for my wedding had been this nice icon_rolleyes.gif ) Great job! icon_smile.gif

pattigunter Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 16

THATs your 1st wedding cake? Girl you have got some talent!! Its beautiful.

Ivana24 Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 16

Its beautiful, So good job.

blondeez Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 16

Your cake is beautiful and did a wonderful job on your first wedding cake.

terrylee Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 16

Your first wedding cake......WOW....fantastic.....
As to the lilac roses fading......they do, did the go to a blue.?.....there is something about lilac color...I did a purse cake and by the time it got to the party it was light blue.....ugh.....Someone said that if you lightly paint with the color it is less apt to fade...???? I don't know about the roses, which are beautiful,

I would like an answer too about the fading color.....Again WOW on your cake.

Neelas_wife Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 16

Great job on your first wedding cake!

Kimmers971 Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:57pm
post #8 of 16

Beautiful! I'm doing my first "official" wedding cake this week. I hope all goes smoothly icon_biggrin.gif

dulceleche Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:00pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylee

Your first wedding cake......WOW....fantastic.....
As to the lilac roses fading......they do, did the go to a blue.?.....there is something about lilac color...I did a purse cake and by the time it got to the party it was light blue.....ugh.....Someone said that if you lightly paint with the color it is less apt to fade...???? I don't know about the roses, which are beautiful,

I would like an answer too about the fading color.....Again WOW on your cake.

Thanks for the compliments!!! I was very stressed about it!
I was truly amazed by the fading. While at home I was very watchful not to have too much light since I saw some flowers had some fading while drying in between petals... and the cake didn't get direct sunlight during delivery (it was only 5 miles)... so I don't know... I used americolor, maybe it's a lilac thing as you said!

Chippi Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:02pm
post #10 of 16

Super job!!! Lovely! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gifthumbs_up.gif

dulceleche Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:02pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

Beautiful! I'm doing my first "official" wedding cake this week. I hope all goes smoothly icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you!!! I send you good "waves" or should I say break a leg? (I used to dance icon_wink.gif and that's what we said before performance...

dulceleche Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:04pm
post #12 of 16

Thank you thank you!! I truly appreciate your input and feedback! I was so stressed about it!

iluvjay829 Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:09pm
post #13 of 16

Beautiful job!!! Your roses are gorgeous! I've had that same problem happen with the color myself.

jennabell441 Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:10pm
post #14 of 16

Very beautiful. Congrats! You have great talent.
Jen

2SimplySweet Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:53pm
post #15 of 16

It is very delicate looking...BEAUTIFUL!!! Great Job!

cylstrial Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:52am
post #16 of 16

Your cake turned out beautifully!! I love it! It's so elegant!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%