Edible Images On A Cupcake

Baking By mrswendel Updated 11 May 2009 , 4:09pm by jlynnw

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

I have been asked to do a baby shower cake and cupcakes for next weekend. They would like an edible image on each cupcake, standing up. Just wondering what you all do for this type of thing. Do you mount the image on a piece of gumpaste....or fondant.....or something else? I've used edible images on a fondant cake before with no problem...but I think the fondant would bend once it sat in the buttercream on the cupcake.

Any suggestions?

4 replies
mrswendel Posted 11 May 2009 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 5

bump

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 11 May 2009 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 5

Roll out gumpaste or a 50/50, cut out a shape suitable for the image and insert a toothpick, apply you image(I use a bit of corn syrup), and then you have an edible pick! I did this recently for fun and it worked for me. The cuppies sat on the counter for several hours until the kids came in from school. They are older and I trust them with toothpicks. I guess you could use sucker sticks if toothpicks would be an issue.

mrswendel Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks jlynnw. I hadn't thought of making a pick, but that would work perfectly. thumbs_up.gif It's all adults at the baby shower so I think I am pretty safe with the toothpicks! Thanks again!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 5

Hope it works out good for you. Please post a pic for me to see how they came out. FYI, I once tried using spaghetti because they were for kids. The moisture from the cuppie and the BC made the pasta wet and dried the cuppie. It wasn't totally gross, but....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%