Macsmom-Help Today

Decorating By CandyLady Updated 12 May 2009 , 4:49pm by pinkbox

CandyLady Posted 11 May 2009 , 11:49am
post #1 of 10

for your orange dreamsicle recipe, I had printed out two of your recipes...the old one used one cake mix and 2 cups of melted orange sherbert...the new is using two cakes mixes...I need to make two 8 inch rounds so obviously will use 1 cake mix...how do I get down other ingredients. I don't have time to redo if I make a mistake because I am baking tonight...love the idea or the orange soda but do I need it with sherbert? Please help and I appreciate...what do you frost it with? thanks for your help.

9 replies
sweet_teeth Posted 11 May 2009 , 11:57am
post #2 of 10

This should be PM'd to Macmom's if you have a specific question you want her to answer. If you only want to use 1 mix.. then 1/2 the other ingredients. If you don't want to use orange ice cream.. then don't.. but that is part of the yummyness.

1 box white cake mix
1 c melted orange sherbet
1/3 c OJ or diet orange soda (soda suggested by cinderspritzer: "I added ... diet sunkist soda.... and it tastes FREAKING AWESOME!!!")
1 c flour
1 c sugar
2 (6oz) orange creamsicle yogurt
3 eggs
2tb oil
2 t orange extract
*Perhaps some food coloring

Frost with whatever you think would taste good..

Chocolate for a valencia cake, a creamy buttercream for a dreamiscle cake, or bettercreme.. it's up to you.

CandyLady Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 10

thanks a bunch!

CandyLady Posted 12 May 2009 , 11:48am
post #4 of 10

not sure what you mean by "PMd"?

sweet_teeth Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 10

Private message. That way it goes to her 'inbox' here on CC much like an e-mail would go to your inbox on your personal account.

Everyone here can be PM'd. Just click their profile.. which can be found though 'forums' and then going to 'member list' and search her screen name. Once you get to a person's profile there is an option to send them a message.. which is a PM.

CandyLady Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:15pm
post #6 of 10

thanks for the lesson...always nice to learn something new. I posted a message today that I made the orange dreamsicle recipe for a cake order tomorrow...followed recipe exactly as you gave it to me...it sank horribly like someone who had posted earlier...I am bummed! it smelled wonderful and tonight I have to start from scratch...will not do this one again until I find out what happened.

sweet_teeth Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 10

Try an extra egg.. it usually helps. I always add 4 eggs to the mixture, opposed to 3 eggs or 4 egg whites.

Peridot Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:34pm
post #8 of 10

Now I am worried about doing this cake. I have read so many comments that I am very leery about trying this cake and it sounds so good.

Thanks alexandrabill - I will add the extra egg.

debster Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:48pm
post #9 of 10

I use the Duncan Hines Orange Dreamcicle Mix and add some extra orange extract to the mix. When you add some to the vanilla icing it tastes just like a dreamcicle. Sorry if you wanted scratch but if your worried about it caving in this doesn't.

pinkbox Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:49pm
post #10 of 10

There is a recipe for Dubs Dreamcycle here in the Recipes section... I have used it many a times for weddings ...its always been true. It is also great with pineapple filling... yumm

Just a thought.

And it tastes just like a push up pop.(which is the flavor everyone is going for right??)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%