Can Someone Help Me Plan This Cake?

Decorating By ahuvas Updated 11 May 2009 , 3:19pm by kerri729

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:52am
post #1 of 5

Hi All

I was wonderful if someone could lend me their expertise and help me plan this cake.

I plan on recreating SUzy40's Dorothy the dinosaur cake for my niece but its a little (a lot) beyond my experience. According to her comments it was made predominantly from the large (body) and small (head) wonder mold. I can clearly see the wonder mold shape in the body but I cant work out how the small wonder mold made the head (even if I carved it).

I know its a lot but could someone sketch me how its supposed to look from the side view and how I could possibly carve it from a small wondermold? or if you have any other ideas?

I would really appreciate it. She is 4 and would totally freak out of her skin if she could would have it for her birthday.

4 replies
ahuvas Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:53am
post #2 of 5

Sorry for not posting it in the "How do I" forum.

BTW here is the cake I am talking about

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1254587

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 11 May 2009 , 11:57am
post #3 of 5

To me it just looks like the small wonder mold was placed on top of the large (body) one. It doesn't appear to have any carving, but maybe I'm seeing it differently.......in any case this will BUMP you up.

icon_smile.gif

ahuvas Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 5

Okay

I took a mold of the mini wondermold to show you why it looks all whack. only have leftover pizza dough so youll have to use your imagination a bit but the head looks so small compared to the photo.

Also its completely the wrong shape. THe second picture is my very non artistic rendering of what I *think* Dorothy's head looks like from the side (more or less) which is very different shape from the wondermold.
LL
LL

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 5

Why don't you send her a PM for directions and guidance? Sometimes it's best to get the information directly from the decorator, as most of us look at the picture and think about how we would do it, which may not always be the exact method.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%