Update On Melvira's Oldest...

Lounge By Melvira Updated 22 May 2009 , 7:29pm by aquamom

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:00am
post #31 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan

d'aww but I love my ratties! They're well behaved! Not like those icky sewer rats! XD

in my avatar you can see homer's face ^^

O.....M......G........she's cuddling VERMIN!!! ***shudder***

I'm saying prayers for your little one Mel! I'm interested in the paranormal, too although I've never had any experience with it.

BTW, not to change the subject but Mel what did you decide to do about the lady's offer of the shop? Have you made up your mind if you are going to do it?

Gail

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:13am
post #32 of 89

Oh Gail... I couldn't refuse. She made the deal so sweet, I just couldn't in good conscience turn it down. So, yah, my shop opens on 4th of July weekend. I am nervous, excited, a little queasy, but mostly just excited. icon_lol.gif I have come up with all kinds of awesome ideas for things to do up there on top of 'just cakes'.

Misa-chan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misa-chan Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:15am
post #33 of 89

@gailsgoodies: hehe ^^ yyeeppp and he loves his cuddles too!!

Oohh I'll be in Ohio on the 4th of July, I'll finally see what it's about ^^; sorry for my ignorance!

I wish I could taste your cakes Melvira! I wonder what your awesome ideas are

Melvira Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:37am
post #34 of 89
Quote:

Oohh I'll be in Ohio on the 4th of July

Too bad you won't be in Iowa... icon_sad.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:58am
post #35 of 89

Mel, you are a glutton for punishment! You are a superhero! Please don't start wearing you underwear on the outside though! I most definately will have to plan a trip to Lost Nation. I am so excited for you. I will have all the babies say a prayer tonight for your little one. God speed on his recovery!

Misa-chan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misa-chan Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:32am
post #36 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:

Oohh I'll be in Ohio on the 4th of July

Too bad you won't be in Iowa... icon_sad.gif

icon_sad.gif I know, my boyfriend lives in Ohio, so i'm staying over at his house. ^^; wouldn't know who to visit in Iowa so I could stay at their place. I don't have alot of money.

My mom and my youngest sisters are sending their best wishes to your little one icon_smile.gif

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:35am
post #37 of 89

Mel - I've continued my prayers for Alex.
You're getting a shop? How cool is that? I'm so excited for you. I never noticed the name of your biz before, but I like that a lot. I'll add the success of your shop to my prayers too.

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:16am
post #38 of 89

Melvira, Tita, Judi, Jlynn, I miss you all! I'm not ashamed to admit it!! You ladies have helped me get through some rough times.

My fam will be praying for yours Melvira, you know you can count on it.
I'm slowly trying to catch up on everything, so excited your getting your shop.

I hope everyone else is good too.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:19am
post #39 of 89

TERI!!! Hi Stranger! I hope you're feeling better. Did you have your second surgery? Did it go better than the first?

Melvira, you should sooo have a grand opening and pay for an all-expense trip for me to come and be the Mistress of Ceremonies! Yeah! Sounds fabulous!

Idreamofcakes Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:43am
post #40 of 89

Oh Tita that is a whole thread in itself!
The first surgery went well, it was the second that was horrific.
My DH and I met with the surgeon and he admitted
everything...that there was no anastesia, wrong pain meds, not appropriate nurses in the room, ect...we were amazed that he actually admitted to it. I mean hello when you are doing surgery on someones neck (C2-C6) and they are screaming and begging you to stop, i'm thinking you need to stop IMMEDIATELY! Not 17 minutes into it! When I asked him why he didn't stop sooner and why he allowed all the other crap, he said it was poor judgement on his part. YA THINK???
So I am now in more pain then before and mentally really struggling with it. I can't believe how much it has affected me. I have these bad bouts where I start to panic over nothing. Oh and I can't drive till the doctor Ok's it again.

I ended p back in the hospital again too, just colapsed thank God DH was right there and got me to ER. There is about an hour and a half I have no memory of though.

I have quit all the meds, cold turkey which was extremely hard, I was on a 50 MCG patch of Fentanyl a day, plus nerve meds, and muscle relaxers. If you don't know what Fentanyl is, it is what they usually give terminally ill cancer, AIDS, and other patients. So this is Workers comp for ya huh?

Sorry Mel, I wasn't meaning to type all this. I'm officially a thread highjacker now too icon_cry.gif

gailsgoodies Posted 12 May 2009 , 10:53am
post #41 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Oh Gail... I couldn't refuse. She made the deal so sweet, I just couldn't in good conscience turn it down. So, yah, my shop opens on 4th of July weekend. I am nervous, excited, a little queasy, but mostly just excited. icon_lol.gif I have come up with all kinds of awesome ideas for things to do up there on top of 'just cakes'.

Mel, I'm sooooo excited for you!! It's gonna be GREAT!! You need to keep us posted and take pictures of the shop so we can see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlynn

Mel, you are a glutton for punishment! You are a superhero! Please don't start wearing you underwear on the outside though! I most definately will have to plan a trip to Lost Nation. I am so excited for you. I will have all the babies say a prayer tonight for your little one. God speed on his recovery!

Jlynn, don't start that again! You really are a suckup! icon_wink.gif JK
You and Tita BOTH! C'mon Tita if she was gonna pay to send someone to Lost Nation, it would be ME (cause she likes me best!!) thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Quote:

@gailsgoodies: hehe ^^ yyeeppp and he loves his cuddles too!!

Oohh I'll be in Ohio on the 4th of July, I'll finally see what it's about ^^; sorry for my ignorance!

I wish I could taste your cakes Melvira! I wonder what your awesome ideas are

Misa-chan, you're not going to bring your "pet" on the trip are you? Think it'll miss you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofcakes

Melvira, Tita, Judi, Jlynn, I miss you all! I'm not ashamed to admit it!! You ladies have helped me get through some rough times.

My fam will be praying for yours Melvira, you know you can count on it.
I'm slowly trying to catch up on everything, so excited your getting your shop.

I hope everyone else is good too.

Oh Tita that is a whole thread in itself!
The first surgery went well, it was the second that was horrific.
My DH and I met with the surgeon and he admitted
everything...that there was no anastesia, wrong pain meds, not appropriate nurses in the room, ect...we were amazed that he actually admitted to it. I mean hello when you are doing surgery on someones neck (C2-C6) and they are screaming and begging you to stop, i'm thinking you need to stop IMMEDIATELY! Not 17 minutes into it! When I asked him why he didn't stop sooner and why he allowed all the other crap, he said it was poor judgement on his part. YA THINK???
So I am now in more pain then before and mentally really struggling with it. I can't believe how much it has affected me. I have these bad bouts where I start to panic over nothing. Oh and I can't drive till the doctor Ok's it again.

I ended p back in the hospital again too, just colapsed thank God DH was right there and got me to ER. There is about an hour and a half I have no memory of though.

I have quit all the meds, cold turkey which was extremely hard, I was on a 50 MCG patch of Fentanyl a day, plus nerve meds, and muscle relaxers. If you don't know what Fentanyl is, it is what they usually give terminally ill cancer, AIDS, and other patients. So this is Workers comp for ya huh?

Sorry Mel, I wasn't meaning to type all this. I'm officially a thread highjacker now too

Teri, that really sounds awful!! I'll say some prayers for you, too! I hope your feeling better (even though you didn't say you missed me when you listed everyone else's name **SOB**, no really, it's alright...I'm ok... icon_cry.gif Waaaaaaaaaaa) icon_wink.gif

Ok, I'm done givin' ya'll a hard time now... icon_razz.gif

Back to the original topic...is today the surgery? How's the little one doing, Mel?

Gail

jlynnw Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:44pm
post #42 of 89

Gail you are missed, underappreciated and all, but would you please not wear your underwear on the outside either?

Whew! I hope you don't think I am sucking up now! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif JK

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:06pm
post #43 of 89

I just want to wish your little guy good luck on his surgery today! It'll likely be harder on Momma than him (as has been my experience).

Idreamofcakes Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:15pm
post #44 of 89

Oh Gail doesn't it go without saying that I miss you if I don't talk to you everyday??? Now come on you know that!! icon_wink.gif

Jlynn why are you so against everyone wearing their undies on the outside....geesh you sound like my teenager!!
"MOM PLEASE, MY FRIENDS ARE HERE!!!!"
Can't have any fun, I mean it WAS a thong at least icon_lol.gif

Still praying for you Mel, in fact woke up twice during the night and you were on my heart, so the prayers went up for you hon.

jlynnw Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:40pm
post #45 of 89

I just hadn't thought about Wonder Woman's new outfit! I guess a bustier and thongs would be the thing. Terri, just be careful, thought sequins look like they might be scratchy!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:54pm
post #46 of 89

Teri, I am so sorry to hear about your surgeries going so wrong! Are you in talks with a lawyer? Not that I am the letigious type (or the type that can spell apparently!!!), but I sure hope that you didn't have to pay anything for the botch-job.

Mel, best of wishes for Alex. And on your new biz!!! How totally exciting!!! WE NEED PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy to all the rest! I'm in the middle of 900 mini cupcakes with gp flowers on each. fun times over here!!!

Tita9499 Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:22pm
post #47 of 89

Teri, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I will keep you in my prayers.

Gail, don't get hurt. Everyone on here knows I'm Melvira's favorite and I'm willing to duke it out to maintain my position, so bring it on girlie! LOL!

What's with all this underpants talk? LOL!

Melvira Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:25pm
post #48 of 89

WE'RE DONE!!!

What a little champion I have here, I am telling you! He was so strong and brave. He only whimpered a little when they took him through that big door and I couldn't go with. After he got in there he was excited to look at all the neat 'stuff'. When he came out of the anesthesia he was cranked off, of course. I just held him and he laid on my shoulder (blood stains all over my shirt, but who cares?!) and we rocked a while. He didn't want anyone else to touch him. Once we got up here to our room he was calm and relaxed. Now he's sitting on Daddy's lap and watching "The Incredibles". He seems pretty happy, probably thanks to a Morphine/Codeine cocktail, so we're good. thumbs_up.gif

I'll check in later tonight! Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes!!

jlynnw Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:35pm
post #49 of 89

Yea! Mel, I am so proud of him and you and the docs and everyone! I am glad all went well. ((((((((hugs))))))). We will have to go shopping to get you a new shirt for the first day on the job! Go give the little guy a hug from all of us at my house!

Melvira Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:40pm
post #50 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Gail, don't get hurt. Everyone on here knows I'm Melvira's favorite and I'm willing to duke it out to maintain my position, so bring it on girlie! LOL!

And now you all see why I NEVER argue when she says she's my favorite! Hahahah. *backing away nervously* I mean... of COURSE she's my favorite... don't be SILLY!!

gailsgoodies Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:51pm
post #51 of 89

Mel, I'm so happy everything went well! Yeah, I see why you don't argue with Tita, she's a bad a$$! Tita, back AWAY from Melvira!!

I"m sooooo happy to know I was missed and underappreciated and jlynnw you KNOW I love it when you suck up!

Oh, by the way, I am wearing my WHITE GRANNY panties on the outside of my clothes!! (there's an image that's gonna stay with ya for awhile!!) Image

Ok, I have to leave now, you guys play nice while I'm gone...

Gail

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:12pm
post #52 of 89

Mel, don't you know to wear black into a hospital?????? tsk, tsk, tsk!

Seriously, though. glad he's doing so well!!!!!!!!

oh, and I don't wear underware. how's THAT for an image. and now that I made you lose you lunch, I actually do wear them. underneath. where they belong!!!!!!!

jlynnw Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:17pm
post #53 of 89

better camando than wonder woman thong attire! icon_lol.gif

Idreamofcakes Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:59pm
post #54 of 89

Mel Give him one BIG HUGE collective cake auntie hug when he can handle it. Be sure to give the baby one too so he doesn't feel left out icon_wink.gif
So glad he is doing well, and he will be doing fabulous soon!!

mommyle it's all workers comp, but unfortunately this doc was the one my WC lawyer sent me to.I'm only paying for it in pain and mentally, emotionally now. So now have to decide if I want to takeon another case. I've never sued anyone before, even when an idiot came into DH's lane head on and almost killed him. We just took what the insurance paid to get us back right and moved on.

Melvira Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:00pm
post #55 of 89

That's why I love you guys... you're all as dang psycho as I am! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:14pm
post #56 of 89

Ok, I forgot my camera cord to download pix, so these are just phone pix for now. I'll upload a good one later when my cousin brings me the cord. But just wanted to show you what a trooper he is! He already had chicken strips for lunch. The stuff on the sides of his mouth is ketchup, the darker stuff is... well... you know. A little blood. icon_sad.gif
LL

Tita9499 Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:21pm
post #57 of 89

Cute baby boy and those beautiful blue eyes!

He's such a big boy! Give him a high five from me!

Idreamofcakes Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:35pm
post #58 of 89

He looks wonderful, like he just ate a big 'ol cupcake from mama, filled with something yummy like raspberries or something!! You wouldn't even know he just had surgery, except we know how much he's been through (well all of you have been through)
He is a trooper for sure.

Melvira Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:40pm
post #59 of 89

He is really taking it all in stride. He has an IV on one hand all taped up and wrapped in a net glove, and he's working around it. Reading his books, walking around the room as far as the cord will let him! Such a precious little man. The stints that are in his nostrils are quite annoying, and he tries to pull at them every once in a while, but we remind him not to touch and he goes back to whatever he was doing before. What a little darling!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:49pm
post #60 of 89

What a cutie!! I have thought about him all day and didn't want to "butt in" on folks I don't know - glad all is well with your little guy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%