Advise On The Right Airbrush To Buy

Decorating By LauraLeesSweets Updated 15 May 2009 , 3:58pm by LauraLeesSweets

LauraLeesSweets Posted 11 May 2009 , 1:39am
post #1 of 3

I am about to buy an airbrush, but since I haven't used one, I'm not sure what to look for and what brands may be the most bang for my buck. I know that KopyKake makes good ones...possibly the best? but they are pricey. I don't mind spending a bit if it means I won't have to buy again for a few years, but I don't want to buy the most expensive when there may be one that is just as good for less money. I average about 3-4 cakes a week (out of my home) and I would use this about 60% of the time if I had one. I plan to eventually have a bakery so I don't mind an investment. Anyone have any suggestions??

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 3

If you are doing 3-4 cakes a week then I would invest in the kopykake.I have the airmaster by kopykake and love it!! I have had it for 5 years now and never had a clog or problem.I use it for ever cake whether to color or pearl spray the final touches...I know many have had success with Paasche and a few other brands but I know Kopykake is specifically made for cake and not hobbies like model cars or airbrushing finger nails in a salon.The PSI is important so you don't blow holes in your icing and I know that you can adjust it with the airmaster...JMO icon_smile.gif

LauraLeesSweets Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much for the input!!! I'm on the hunt for a used one, so if anyone is selling...let me know icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%