Generic Boilerplate Wedding Contract

Business By Doug Updated 14 Dec 2014 , 1:27am by costumeczar

cakefanatic Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 3:59pm
post #31 of 110

Thank you Dough for sharing.

korkyo Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:45am
post #32 of 110

Can you re-do this link. i can't get it

cib Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:49pm
post #33 of 110

Doug, that is fantastic! Must have taken you forever. Thanks so much for sharing. Ummm, pc illiterate. How do I find the header/footer?

lardbutt Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 8:34pm
post #34 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by korkyo

Can you re-do this link. i can't get it



It just worked for me. Hmm....but I did have to copy and paste the password!

Thanks, Doug! This is awesome!!

Doug Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:09pm
post #35 of 110

remember the password IS case sensitive -- must capitalize both the J and the H

the dashes are typed from the home row at top of keyboard, not from the keypad

it's a ZERO and not an O (oh)

copy and paste is the easiest way to do it.

Doug Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:19pm
post #36 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by cib

Doug, that is fantastic! Must have taken you forever. Thanks so much for sharing. Ummm, pc illiterate. How do I find the header/footer?




under old Word (97-2003) it's under the VIEW menu.

in new (and IMHO worse) Word 2007, just double click on the footer (the part at the bottom where you would edit the bakery address) and it will open up. (or you can go to the INSERT menu and click on footer and then click on EDIT FOOTER at the bottom of the menu that shows up)

grandmom Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 9:30am
post #37 of 110

Yep, Doug, NEW Word and Excel moved backwards, sorry to go off-topic.

Jannie92869 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 12:30pm
post #38 of 110

Doug, thanks for this wealth of information and anwering my PM. I have the document downloaded on my desktop in Word. (Yea!) I have tried to remove the word sample and could not see how to do that from the header/footer view. I have Word 2002, I'll keep trying.

Thanks for all your help.

all4cake Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 1:01pm
post #39 of 110

Doug, that is awesome! Thank you so much for the time and effort in producing such a backside covering (we're talking full coverage here....) contract. It's quite intimidating though...looking at it from the other side of the consultation table.


If unable to sign in with the cut and paste....try typing it in---------the cut and paste didn't work for me, I had to type it in.

kellertur Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 6:09pm
post #40 of 110

Thank you very much icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

jen1977 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:04am
post #41 of 110

Can anyone tell me how to get the word SAMPLE out of the contract? Thanks!

Doug Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 10:35pm
post #42 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Can anyone tell me how to get the word SAMPLE out of the contract? Thanks!




download the word version

then do VIEW HEADERS AND FOOTERS (or open the head/footer)

then delete it from there -- it's a piece of Word Art

I purposefully put it in the header/footer so it would show as a washed out image on all pages regardless of what was on the page (tables can make things go all wonky!)

HTH

kweli26 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 12:24pm
post #43 of 110

Hope all is well Doug. First and foremost, thank for providing such a template for your fellow decorators to utilize; your kindness and generosity is greatly appreciated! While I am able to view the contracts on-site when I go to the link you provided, it does not give me the option to download in a Word format and when I print it as a pdf, only half of each page of the contract is generated and I cannot extract any text. Would you mind forwarding the Word version to my attention under separate cover? My email address is kweli26@hotmail.com

Again, thank you for your assistance in this matter; your efforts are duly recognized and greatly appreciated!!!!

sadsmile Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 12:56pm
post #44 of 110

That is quite a contract Doug! If I had use for it I would be so grateful!!! Maybe I'll keep a copy for my dreams...LOL


Question....


I saw the one about Vibrations and whilst the Beach Boys Good Vibrations is playing in my mind and I am sway-in in my seat. That one got me thinking... has music ever caused a cake to shimmy on down to it's demise?

Com one you know you hear it too... Good Good, Good Vibrations!

TheDomesticDiva Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 11:58pm
post #45 of 110

Wow!! This covered everything and then some!! Thanks SO MUCH!!

love2makecakes Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:17pm
post #46 of 110

Hey Doug thanks so much for this. I think it is a great contract and answers pretty much every question under the sun. So I actually used it for my recent cake testing... I edited and removed somethings that I didn't think I needed and so on. It ended up being 9 pages! yikes!

So I have a question though... Have you ever had any brides look at that and be like, wow! That is one contract then turn around and run. I realize that there are some brides who may do this and it is good they did run. However, I am a little afraid that my last client has been a little turned off by such a contract. Have you had any experience with this?

KSMill Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:35pm
post #47 of 110

That's great! Thank you!

Bel_Anne Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 5:54am
post #48 of 110

Wow and this would be only one element of the contract? You'd end up sending the bride home with a book to read! Haha. Must be a bit overwhelming?

This is really great though... and I'll definitely be taking some ideas off this. A lot of effort you've put in. icon_smile.gif

Doug Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 7:59pm
post #49 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by crlovescakes

Hey Doug thanks so much for this. I think it is a great contract and answers pretty much every question under the sun. So I actually used it for my recent cake testing... I edited and removed somethings that I didn't think I needed and so on. It ended up being 9 pages! yikes!

So I have a question though... Have you ever had any brides look at that and be like, wow! That is one contract then turn around and run. I realize that there are some brides who may do this and it is good they did run. However, I am a little afraid that my last client has been a little turned off by such a contract. Have you had any experience with this?




by covering every base, infield, outfield, in-laws and even a few outlaws...this gives everyone a place to start and adapt to personal situation.

all these clauses (and there are more waiting in the wings) were the result of some bridezilla or tale of client woe thread on here.

So, I wrote a clause to address each of them up until the time I posted it.

morgnscakes Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 8:19am
post #50 of 110

and i thought mine was too long!! (4 pages) LOL

thanks for the additional clauses, this will definitely help me to revise my already revised contract (how I know about those bridezillas)

MsLadyCakes06 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 7:09pm
post #51 of 110

WOW THANKS!!

thecakeprincess Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:16pm
post #52 of 110

Thanks!

DebbyJG Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 7:41pm
post #53 of 110

Wow...that sure covers everything. I'm one of those who would be afraid of handing this out though -- I'm married to an attorney, and even *I* felt overwhelmed by all the bits to intial and agree to....

Doug Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 7:49pm
post #54 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyJG

Wow...that sure covers everything. I'm one of those who would be afraid of handing this out though -- I'm married to an attorney, and even *I* felt overwhelmed by all the bits to intial and agree to....




no one said you had to use it all -- just those parts you need (or in your case hubby advises are needed)

DebbyJG Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 7:57pm
post #55 of 110

True. icon_smile.gif

I just laughed though because I'm the kind of person that has trouble writing ANYthing in just a few words. (Why use 4 words when you can use 40? Can't help it, I was a technical writer in my Before Children days...I was paid to be wordy and old habits die hard.)
So my inclination would be to keep it ALL in, just in case. Thereby freaking out any and all potential customers. icon_wink.gif

Doug Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 8:03pm
post #56 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyJG

True. icon_smile.gif

I just laughed though because I'm the kind of person that has trouble writing ANYthing in just a few words. (Why use 4 words when you can use 40? Can't help it, I was a technical writer in my Before Children days...I was paid to be wordy and old habits die hard.)
So my inclination would be to keep it ALL in, just in case. Thereby freaking out any and all potential customers. icon_wink.gif




hhmmmm....I get it!

Tech writers and lawyers went the to the Charles Dickens School of Writing!

where we are paid by the word (he was -- 1 cent/word -- that helps explains why his novels are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long!)

neelycharmed Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 8:16pm
post #57 of 110

Doug,
Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you.
icon_smile.gif Jodi

sweetooth94 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 12:48pm
post #58 of 110

I just found this link and I noticed how long ago it was created. I'm trying to view the contract, but I'm gettting a message that the "Login has Failed". Is there another way to view it? Thanks!

Doug Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm
post #59 of 110

I just tried it and it worked.

I did both copy/paste method and also typed the password in -- it IS CASE SENSITIVE and those little dashes are required too.

Are you copying and pasting the password - being sure to NOT include any extra spaces?

I did have to hit the log-in button twice (seems to be a glitch on their end) but it did work

sweetooth94 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:30pm
post #60 of 110

It worked this time. I copied and pasted the first few times I tried it. This time I typed it myself. Not sure what went wrong, but thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%