Cheesecake Filling

Decorating By Emmerdoo Updated 11 May 2009 , 1:55am by sayhellojana

Emmerdoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmerdoo Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 6

I have a question. I have a bride that wants a cheesecake filling in her wedding cake, the only problem is that she doesn't want the graham cracker crust. Can I make the cheesecake like normal except omit the crust and bake it like a custard? How would I go about doing this?

Thanks for the help!

Em

5 replies
umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 6

If you search recipes on here, I think that I have came across a "cheesecake filling". Here's a link that you might want to try. Sorry I can't be more help, I'm addicted to this site and have read sooooo many recipes that I can no longer keep them seperate in my mind and forget where I find them. http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs if you don't find what you are looking for here, ask MacsMom. She's amazing!!!! Hope this helps and good luck! thumbs_up.gif

chefbetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbetty Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 6

We baked a cheesecake without the crust, we just put parchment paper (greased) on the bottom of the pan and bake like normal. It came out just fine. Hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

Betty

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:11am
post #4 of 6

Yep! Bake the cheesecake in the same cake pan lined w/ parchment like chefbetty said. If you divide the batter up amongst pans, you won't have to torte it either. icon_smile.gif Just refrigerate well and pop in between the cake layers.

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 11 May 2009 , 1:46am
post #5 of 6

I read about this idea here and had to try it. I did a tiny experiment with some leftover cake layers one day and it turned out really well. It's a neat idea and very yummy!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 11 May 2009 , 1:55am
post #6 of 6

baking without crust will work fine, but there are a few recipes out there for a mock cheesecake filling using bettercreme or frostin' pride, cream cheese and cheesecake pudding. I've made it, it's good, but doesnt have the texture of cheesecake. It would be much easier when stacking and cutting, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%