Stacking Cakes....

Decorating By kjgjam22 Updated 11 May 2009 , 3:47pm by kjgjam22

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 3

Hi All,

For all of you who stck cakes often...I have a few questions for you.

1.) Fot the secon cake on a 3 tier cake....what size is your cake board?
2.) How do you hide that board with the fondant?
3.) Do you cover the cake on the board on a bigger board or just the counter top?

I have a 3 tier stacked cake to make for a birthday and i want to make it as perfect as I can.

Thanks in advance for your answers. Hope I was clear in my questions.

2 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgjam22

Hi All,

For all of you who stck cakes often...I have a few questions for you.

1.) Fot the secon cake on a 3 tier cake....what size is your cake board?

2.) How do you hide that board with the fondant?
3.) Do you cover the cake on the board on a bigger board or just the counter top?

I have a 3 tier stacked cake to make for a birthday and i want to make it as perfect as I can.

Thanks in advance for your answers. Hope I was clear in my questions.

Question 1) I place the tier on a board the same exact size as the cake and then I place that on a slightly larger board for decorating and transporting to avoid sticking my finger in it. (When I go to stack I slide my spatula underneath the cake/board and lift it onto the bottom tier, so you don't see any board sticking out at all.)

Question2) Nothing to hide, since the board is the same exact size as the tier. After I stack, I pipe a very thin line of BC (if there is a gap and then smooth it with my spatula to blend). Otherwise I pipe the border if there is one.

Question3) I cover all my tiers on my turntable but the tiers are placed on cake boards first.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 3

thanks dkelly for the answers. will post pics of the cake when i have done the cake. your answers are what i thought to do. thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%