I Dropped It!

Decorating By angelicconfections Updated 10 May 2009 , 9:52pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

angelicconfections Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 7

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I just did it! I made my MIL a lovely cupcake gift basket for mom's day, I just finished the final touchesn(ribbons and marzipan roses), didn't even get a pic, picked the pink metal pail up by the handle, dumb thing to do I know, and it flopped right over my beautiful pink lace cupcakes were upside down on the floor icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif coconut everywhere and the royal icing lace crowns were in a million pieces. we had to get out the door right away. lucky for me I made her bouquet small and had over half the cupcakes from the batch left, frosted and coconuted but not decorated. I had to put the undecorated ones in the pail and had to settle for some quick pink air brush and a few silver cake sparkles. They were simple and way below my usual standard. I am so mad at myself I sent DH kids along and stayed here to cool off. Oh, and I just steam cleaned the kitchen floor yesterday. Ah well, I learned my lesson, the pink metal pails that I got after easter on clearance at wal mart are top heavy and unbalanced, I forgot to weight down the bottom. DH's mom still get yummy cupcakes and a pretty pail i'm sure she'll plant flowers in.

6 replies
cricket0616 Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 7

Sorry that happened. I know it stinks, but yes live and learn. I am sure that won't happen to you agaiin. Hope your day ends on a better note.

Ruth0209 Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 7

My greatest fear is dropping an order! So sorry that happened to you... : (

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 7

I'm so sorry that happened. One of my fears is that same thing happening to me: completing a cake, or other project, and promptly dropping it (or not so promptly). Well, at least she got something and I'm sure they were still pretty and appreciated.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 7

Oh, I forgot to mention how cute I think your avatar is. I'm assuming it's a Scottish fold kitten.

angelicconfections Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 7

Yep, live and learn for sure. I alwyas seem to make the biggest mistakes when I'm short on time. I like my avatar too, thank you and yes that is a scottish fold kitten. I am a total softie for animals, babies and kids. our kitty isn't a fold, but a himme flat flaced and fluffy ") I like yours too, the little phone cake too cute!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%