New Bakery Pictures, Almost Done!

Business By HeidiCrumbs Updated 12 May 2009 , 1:41am by 350BakerStreet

HeidiCrumbs Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 26

Hi! Here are some updated pics of my in home cookie bakery. I just need my fridge and freezer, some minor plumbing things and decorations. It's 550 sq feet. Thank you for looking.

Heidi.
LL
LL
LL

25 replies
CakesbyCindi Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 26

JEALOUS!!! I would be so excited to work out of this kitchen.. Congrats....

ShopGrl1128 Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 26

wow! looks awesome!
congratulations.

The display case looks great/

I'm opening my shop in two months...I'm freaking out! it's so much work, but I'm soooooo excited and happy.

I will post pictures as soon.

Best luck.

bashini Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 26

Wow! that is fantastic! I'm so jealous!!!!!!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

HeidiCrumbs Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 26

OMG CakeGrl, that's when I'm opening mine too! I will be licensed the middle of June but want to practice for a month or so before opening the doors. How is your progress coming? I would love to see pictures and what you're all working on now! How exciting!

Heidi.

bakermommy4 Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 26

Green with envy...everything looks absoulutely gorgeous. And very clean...congratulations!

asul Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:14pm
post #7 of 26

Congrats !!!! Looks AWESOME!!! So excited for you thumbs_up.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 26

Looks fantastic!! Did you add a garage type on to your house? Love the colors..very bright and cheery!Keep the updates and pics coming!

ShopGrl1128 Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:38pm
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiCrumbs

OMG CakeGrl, that's when I'm opening mine too! I will be licensed the middle of June but want to practice for a month or so before opening the doors. How is your progress coming? I would love to see pictures and what you're all working on now! How exciting!

Heidi.

Well right now I have a licensed home business but it's getting out of hand and I finally decided to open a shop.

I found the cutest place in a very good area and took it immediately...I haven't process the fact that I'm opening a shop! I'm still in shock.

My lease doesn't start until June 1st but I think I won't open to the public until July.

Right now I'm dealing with the zoning department, after that part is done I need to get the dept. of agriculture to inspect the place, that's it.

I was not planning on selling anything on the shop but the area is great and very busy, some business owners I spoke were very exited to have a cake shop in the area as in right now there isn't any.

I have most of the equipment I need already, except for the oven and the display case, I'm working on that.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

mariaedith Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:44pm
post #10 of 26

Congrats. It's very nice.

bettinashoe Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:55pm
post #11 of 26

What a lovely bakery, HeidiCrumbs. I love your display cabinet. Did you have those custom made? I have been racking my brain trying to find a way to display cupcakes and cookies and your display is the best I have seen. I am so green (like your trim) with envy....no, really I'm so happy for you. Best of luck.

HeidiCrumbs Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #12 of 26

My cousin who is a carpenter made all of my cupboards and display case. He is amazing! I keep telling him he should go into business, lol.

indydebi Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:15pm
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyCindi

JEALOUS!!! I would be so excited to work out of this kitchen.. Congrats....

ditto!!!! thumbs_up.gif Love the 2-steps by the entrance.

Loucinda Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:32pm
post #14 of 26

What an adorable kitchen.....I love your colors! It is soo inviting and welcoming. Good luck!

cylstrial Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:07pm
post #15 of 26

It's really starting to come together! It looks great!

sari66 Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:32pm
post #16 of 26

Wow fantastic space! It's lovely and your cousin did a great job on your display cases.
Congrats

FromScratch Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:48pm
post #17 of 26

Oooooh!!! I love it! I would love to have your space.

blondeez Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:55pm
post #18 of 26

Your shop is amazing. Its so beautiful. Good luck to you. Cant wait til I can open up a shop. Have a long way to go before that ever happens though.

emilyhorton Posted 11 May 2009 , 1:43am
post #19 of 26

Absolutely gorgeous! I also love the two steps and all of the display cases... it just looks like-- well, what it is!-- a REAL shop! icon_smile.gif

Emily

classiccake Posted 11 May 2009 , 2:27am
post #20 of 26

It looks like a good layout and ample working space. Good luck with your new venture!

snarkybaker Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:27pm
post #21 of 26

It's ver " fresh" looking if that makes sense. It's a very pretty shop. Best wishes!

cakefairy03 Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:35pm
post #22 of 26

That is too cute! Loving the color combo! Congratulations and can't wait to see it all finished! I'll be looking forward to that post.

BakingGirl Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:39pm
post #23 of 26

It looks so clean and fresh I can almost smell the fresh paint oozing out of those pictures. Many congratulations! Did you build an extension to your house or did you convert something to make the space? I am dreaming of a baking kitchen but don't thing it is doable in my house.

HeidiCrumbs Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:22pm
post #24 of 26

BakingGirl-It is actually in my moms house and it is a "third garage" type thing behind her already two car garage. My dad used it as a woodworking shop before he passed away. It was dirty, and dark, and had all kinds of tools and saws and drill press type things in it. I am kicking myself that I didn't take before and after pictures. My mom is going to be my "not so silent silent partner," lol.

BakingGirl Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:42pm
post #25 of 26

Hm, going out to the garden to see if a third garage magically has appeared. That would be a good thing to have. I do actually have a workshop with an entrance from the garden. It is attached to the house and air conditioned but it is not quite big enough. Our house does not lend itself very well to additions in the way the roof is shaped. I live in hope I can persuade my hubby to go along with my plans to build a house on of these days.

Good for you, and good luck finishing up your bakery and getting your business started up!

350BakerStreet Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:41am
post #26 of 26

I am working on my in-home bakery too! Yay! So, how did you plan it out? Were there specific things that you had in mind, like the placement of everything? Feel free to PM me and we can "talk shop" icon_wink.gif Congratulations, it looks freakin' awesome!! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%