Birthday And Mother's Day Gifts....what I Got...

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 11 May 2009 , 11:00pm by missyd4e

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 17

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering how many of you got cake decorating things for Mother's Day?? I had asked for cake decorating things for my BD and Mother's Day, because they run so close together. I am so excited that I have to tell what I got....

I got Sharon's Boxes and Bows DVD, Sylvia Weinstocks book, and AN AIRBRUSH!!! Course, I have " NO idea on how to use the airbrush! I will probably end up with food coloring all over my kitchen!!! I can just see me ...dripping with food color all over everything, except for the cake! I am sure I will have lots of questions for you!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Rhonda

16 replies
saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 17

I did! icon_biggrin.gif I picked out what I wanted from Country Kitchen--JEM alphabet and number cutters, various other cutters, a Magic Line pan, various dusts, a cake lifter--just a bunch of items that I wanted and didn't want to buy myself so my DH did! I can't wait to try all my new toys!

Happy Mother's Day to all!

Sheryl

cakecrazy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrazy09 Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 17

I got Cake Boss. I have spent the entire weekend setting it up. Love it!

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 17

I got a batter blade and cover for my KA. Was so excited. Thought I would try it out today and make the family a cake.

Happy Mother's Day.

Cassie

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 17

My Birthday is close to Mothers day as well. In fact I was born on Mothers day! Back in 1960! UGH !! 1 More year!! Then the big 50! Anyway Happy Birthday Rhonda19! And Yes My wonderful Mother and Father inlaw gave me $ to buy my special tools! I love them.. icon_smile.gif Now I can't decide what I want! 1st thing on my list is Sugarshacks Topsy Turvy DVD! and a few tools to go with.. Diamond cutters, and Funky Alphabet I wish they would make a smaller set too.. Also need a replacement set of disc's for my sugar gun (i squeezed out extra fondant into the trash.. DUH THE HOLE DISC WAS STUCK TO IT!! GONE !! ) did not realize it until it was too late... gone gone gone.. and that was the one I used the most!~

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 17

So I get up this am and am thinking that I wish this day was over. My hubby has never been very good at the gifts on holidays and birthday thing. I have actually gotten to the point where I buy my own present and then show him what I bought and thank him for it! lol It sucks but I guess everybody has their flaws. He makes up for it in other ways.

So anyway, I am sitting here and my mother calls and asks to speak to my 5 year old. He says ok to her and hands me back the phone. He runs out the front door and right as I am getting ready to yell at him to get back in the house he comes in with a big wrapped package with a huge bow. He shouts Happy Mother's Day Mommy! and runs over and gives it to me. At this point I realize that my mom is still on the phone and laughing and says Happy Mother's Day from the Mother's Day Kangaroo. lol I was bawling. What a wonderful morning. It was the set of square cake pans that I have been wanting. But it was really so much more than that. I am so lucky!

Hope everyone else has as good of a day as I did! icon_smile.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 17

I got some fondant cutters and the Makin Clay extruder which is just AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! It's so much better than I thought it would be! I got a Mother's Day shopping spree yesterday cause DH has to work today (his company bites!) so I got my fondant toys and some new clothes and a nice dinner. Kids gave me my homemade cards & gifts today (the best!), now I get to go mow the grass! icon_lol.gif

CakesbyCindi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCindi Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:07pm
post #8 of 17

I got a gift card from my son's to Hobby Lobby!!! Can't wait till another Wilton 40% off sale.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:42pm
post #9 of 17

Sounds like there is a lot of cake fun for Mother's Day! I didn't get mine yet, but DH gave me a "free pass" for taking with me to ICES to pick out my own stuff when I go!! icon_biggrin.gif (I don't think he realizes how MUCH stuff is gonna come home with me!!) icon_lol.gif

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:07am
post #10 of 17

Sounds like most " EVERYONE " had a great Mother's day!! I can't wait to use my new toys as well. My FIL is in the hospital right now, so it may be awhile before I get to play.

" BCake1960" .....Happy Birthday to you too! My 50 will be in 2 years, .. I was born in 1961. I don't really dread it too much though. It's like my older sis told me when she turned 50..., " I am 50 and proud that I have earned every one of those years " !! (LOL)

Rhonda

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:19am
post #11 of 17

My DH got me the 1st and 2nd season of Ace of Cakes. I swear I will watch them over and over I was so excited.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 11 May 2009 , 5:30am
post #12 of 17

I got my Wilton Heart Shaped Cake pans...very excited and looking forward to trying them out.

But most importantly I got to spend the day at home with my family icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:51pm
post #13 of 17

LOL, I got a huge, beautiful, hot pink bouganvilla for my yard, which I LOVE!

But, since I know nobody here knows what cake stuff I want since I just buy it all myself, I ordered myself all of the upper- and lower-case Tappits, an 18" commercial aluminum heavy-duty rolling pin, and a generous amount of ISAC cutters and veiners for some GP flowers I want to do. icon_biggrin.gif

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:33pm
post #14 of 17

I got a new garden swing. I wanted one but I was having a moment. My husband is very sweet but he kind of sucks at birthdays and mother's day. He just doesn't plan ahead and grabs something at the last possible second. This year it was a garden swing and he tossed the box across the front porch. No card, no flowers...just the box. I'm trying really hard to be pleased with it (I did want a swing after all) but it was disappointing. Especially since he's recently bought himself a new 52" TV and an AR-15 (read expensive gun). His birthday is this week so he called those things his birthday/father's day presents. Sigh. I'm not doing very good at convincing myself to be happy am I? icon_smile.gif He really is a great guy in many other ways and he did feel bad that he'd blown it again. Even admitted he'd been selfish. I agreed with him (a little more quickly than he liked! lol)

Glad you ladies were blessed on your Mother's Day! I'll stop whining now. icon_smile.gif At least he got me something, right?

cata29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata29 Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:40pm
post #15 of 17

I got the 2 set of round dadios pan, 3 first impresion set mold the beads and round and 2 small rollers the fabric and floral and 2 cake craft mag.
I love my hubby!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Puppylove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Puppylove Posted 11 May 2009 , 9:42pm
post #16 of 17

I am SOO happy with what I got for Mother's Day...a BRAND NEW Delfino mixer...tried it out yesterday to make a double batch of RI and it works like a charm. It has the beaters with the slits in them to help eliminate having to scrape the sides of the bowl when its in motion. An EXCELLENT choice from my 3 FAVORITE people as I am just starting out in the business of making cakes. thumbs_up.gif

missyd4e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyd4e Posted 11 May 2009 , 11:00pm
post #17 of 17

I hope EVERYONE had a great Mother's Day!!!

I got a cake lifter, gum paste tool set, measuring cups, wilton reference book and the first Wilton cake class. I am SO excited! I am a self tought baker and so it would be nice to get some tips.

Happy Late Mother's day to ALL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%