Barbie Cake Help

Decorating By Deborah1152 Updated 11 May 2009 , 12:30pm by bakingatthebeach

Deborah1152 Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone used the sports ball pan or the fill & bake pan for a Barbie cake? icon_smile.gif How would you make the top fit the doll. How do you get the fondant that satin look & shiney? Has anyone ever used moulding clay (candy) for the dresses? This is for my 6 yr old granddaughter's birthday. I have only used the bc stars but that was for my daughters cake. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
fosterscreations Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 4

I haven't but that might be a good idea to try on my next one. I use a full sized barbie so use a two layer 6inch on top of a two layer 8inch and then just carve the sides. Ideally I would use a 5,6,7,8 inch round but don't have the 5 or 7 inch pans yet.

Let me know if you try it.

Loucinda Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 4

I used a 2 quart pyrex bowl and an 8" round - setting the one baked in the pyrex on top of the 8". I wrapped the barbie in saran wrap - then just kind of twisted her into the cake.

I used buttercream but you could use fondant - to get that "sheen" most folks airbrush pearl onto it. You could paint it on with a brush, but you would have brush marks on it. I will load the one I made so it will be in my photos.

Here is the one I did in buttercream:

bakingatthebeach Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:30pm
post #4 of 4

See my barbie cake in my pics, I used my kitchen aid bowl and 1 mix. Then I placed her on top of a 6 inch round, perfect fit. The only problem was Barbies legs were too long so we had to amputate. But if you add another 6 inch round (and wrap her legs in plastic so she can be used as a toy later) its a perfect fit!

Quote by @%username% on %date%