How To Use Ganache Over A Cheesecake...

Decorating By katwomen1up Updated 10 May 2009 , 8:51pm by katwomen1up

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone, and Happy Mothers Day to all of you mothers.

I want to use Ganache over a cheesecake, is it okay to cover the whole thing (top and sides) or should I just pour it over and let it drip down the sides? Also do I need to let it cool a little before I pour it over the cheesecake? Do I have to smooth it at all and what kind of time frame, I mean do I have to smooth it real fast?
Can I use the same chocolate to cover strawberries and place them on top? Correct me on this one if I let the Ganache sit in the fridge and get cold I can whip it and decorate with it?
Sorry for all of the questions, Iv'e never done this before.

Thanks for your help icon_biggrin.gif
Kat icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 5

I have made several ganache covered cheesecakes. Cheesecakes--cold, ganache--room temp. I put cheesecake on cooling rack with pan undeerneath and pour ganache over it, letting the excess run into the pan, then re-use ganache if I need to.

katwomen1up Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for answering Mac! Can I smooth it around the sides so that it covers the sides our should I just let it run over?

Kat

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 5

It depends on the look you are going for. They both look nice, but if you are trying to hide a flaw the completely covered sides do that well. To cover the sides I pour a whole bunch of the top and use a palette knife to flow it over the sides completely. I bag and freeze the excess for filling/whipping for a future cake.

katwomen1up Posted 10 May 2009 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Peachshortcake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%