Raleigh Area Inspections

Business By Rexy Updated 12 May 2009 , 4:48pm by SpoonfulofSugar

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 4

I'm having my home based kitchen inspected this week. They sent me 10 pages of items for all baking companies. The problem is it doesn't really apply to home based. Can anyone help me by telling me what exactly I need to do to get ready for this? I know I need to have shatter resistant bulbs and a separate shelf in the fridge.
Thanks so much!

3 replies
Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 4

When I was inspected, they checked to make sure water was hot enough in the kitchen and the bathroom closest to the kitchen. Made sure there were paper towels by each sink. Make sure your supplies are by themselves. In the refrigerator and a cabinet. The shatterproof bulbs, and a thermometer in the fridge. Make sure every thing is clean. I think that is about it as far as I can remember.

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 11 May 2009 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! I'm just a bit nervous and would rather get it right the first time rather than having them come back again!

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 4

Hey Rexy...I'm in Franklin County so it may be different. But, I was really nervous about it and it was not a big deal at all. Momof4luvscakes was right on! Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%