Ok, Here's One For You

Decorating By sweetsbystacy Updated 10 May 2009 , 1:51pm by gscout73

sweetsbystacy Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:38am
post #1 of 17

So I made this cake for my daughter's preschool teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. I delivered it to the school on Thursday morning for their luncheon. (If you look in my photos it's the rosette cake.)

Today (Saturday), I open the front door of my house to wait for the babysitter, and my 4 year old says "what's that, mommy?" Now remember, we rarely open our front door, we go in and out of the garage.

Sitting on my front step is what's left of the cake somewhat wrapped in the cake box. I really should have taken a picture. It's COVERED with ants, as is my porch, and it looks like an animal chewed halfway through the box.

I was furious. I mean, how stupid can you be? So I emailed both the director of the school and the chair of the parent board and told them how unacceptable that was and that someone used very poor judgment in leaving a thing covered in sugar outside on the ground.

The chairwoman emails me back and says she left it, that one of the other parents said I wanted what was left back (um, NO), and she tried to call and got no answer so she left a message. First, I have caller id and there was no call, not to mention there was no message on the answering machine. I mean, do people really think they can get away with lying about trying to call nowadays? With caller id, voicemail, answering machines, all of that?

GOOD GRIEF!

[/img]

16 replies
blondeez Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:45am
post #2 of 17

OMG how rude. Im so sorry that this happened to you and when does anyone ever say " Hey give me back the uneaten part of my cake". If I were you I would never make a cake for that school ever again.

yamber82 Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:47am
post #3 of 17

that is the absolute most ridiculous thing i have ever heard, lol! omg!!!! and these people are educating young minds. tsk tsk

FeGe_Cakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:48am
post #4 of 17

That is INSANE! Sometimes it makes you not want to volunteer for events because you have to deal with silly people sometimes.

You should have taken a picture and sent it to the director "the ding bat".

LOL

Oh well...just go buy some Bengal ant spray and send her the bill. LOL.

sweetsbystacy Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:00am
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeez

OMG how rude. Im so sorry that this happened to you and when does anyone ever say " Hey give me back the uneaten part of my cake". If I were you I would never make a cake for that school ever again.

I know, right? I am thinking there is no way I want it back, I don't know whose hands have been on it, whatever! I am still flabbergasted over this!

aliciag829 Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:01am
post #6 of 17

Wow what the heck were they thinking?!

That's insane!

cheferyn Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:06am
post #7 of 17

some people are just plain retarded. i'm sorry, but it's true. i can't believe someone could be so stupid. why would anyone think that you would want the left overs? crazy.

cathyfowler662 Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:06am
post #8 of 17

How stupid is that!! I can't believe that people actually think that it would be okay to put a cake outside on a front porch and think it would be okay.....even for an hour! All the animals in the neighborhood would be eating that thing!

We never use our front door either, so I know what you are talking about. My husband has started making it a point to just open it every few days to go and get the mail. The only time that we ever did open it was when we knew we were expecting a package. When we left one out there for about a week, we decided that we need to use the door more often!

Chippi Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:15am
post #9 of 17

Find out where she lives and stuff it in her mailbox! Ahh just kiddin! But geeeezzz, I agree....it's unreal to think people like this are teaching are children. If it were me and I stopped to return it (even though you didn't want that) and you weren't home I'd say well, looks like we having cake for dinner tonight! lol

Chippi

blondeez Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:25am
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippi

Find out where she lives and stuff it in her mailbox! Ahh just kiddin! But geeeezzz, I agree....it's unreal to think people like this are teaching are children. If it were me and I stopped to return it (even though you didn't want that) and you weren't home I'd say well, looks like we having cake for dinner tonight! lol

Chippi

LOL I like your idea of stuffing it in her mail box.

cblupe Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:25am
post #11 of 17

Leftover cake? What the heck is that all about? They were really out of line leaving food on your front door step. If only you could send them a sarcastic note back to the teachers thanking everyone for leaving food out for the ants to get.

__Jamie__ Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:35am
post #12 of 17

HAAAAAAAA! Love it! Some twit pulled that with me this morning! Had an appmt., I was busy finalizing a quote for our meeting, and happened to check my e-mail 2 minutes before she was due to arrive. She says she can't make it, (I check email about 5 times an hour by the way so I know this was sent like 5 minutes before I read it) she called my number but it was wrong and the operator (huh?!?!) says number no good. BS!! Now I was steamed. She's done this a couple of times. So I politely (slightly) wrote back that my number is CLEARLY posted on my website and that the number is quite fine. Thank you, and let me know when you can meet again.

And that is the point that I move all communications to my "dead file" and it is up to them to resurrect my interest in them.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:43am
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippi

Chippi

that gets my vote icon_lol.gificon_evil.gif

sweetsbystacy Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:01am
post #14 of 17

You guys are hilarious. Thanks for sharing my thoughts on the matter, I was thinking maybe I was a little too upset over it!

Melnick Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:36am
post #15 of 17

Just to play Devil's advocate, can you imagine if the chairwoman was genuinely told you wanted the cake back? She probably would have thought you were nuts and if she knocked on your door and there was no answer and she'd gone out of her way to bring you back this cake that you so desperately wanted to have back ... well she probably just thought, "stuff it, I'll leave it on the step if she's so desperate to have it back". (I get that she still shouldn't have left it there) If that's what did happen, you are both genuinely of the belief that the other is absurd when it was a breakdown in communication. Also, schools are notorious for data entry problems - you would have submitted your number correctly but it doesn't take much to transpose a number or two and no one realises it has happened unless the call gets answered. Sorry, I'm having a chuckle to myself if that lady was really told you wanted the leftover cake back. icon_smile.gif!!! It probably happened just the way you think it happened, but I think I'd choose to believe it was the other way just so I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Did she at least thank you for your delicious contribution?

Evoir Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:51am
post #16 of 17

Wow. That's a first!

gscout73 Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:51pm
post #17 of 17

That has got to be the oddest thing I've heard yet. What did she think you were going to do with a partially eaten cake? dunce.gif Does this person not like you for some reason? Could this person have been a little jealous of your talents and possibly left it to be malicious? She had to have known it was going to attract pests.

Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%