Tip 1M Rose For Cup Cakes, How Do I?

Decorating By bizatchgirl Updated 10 May 2009 , 10:51pm by bizatchgirl

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:44am
post #1 of 10

OK, I have my tip 1m and I'm doing the little swirl like you do your rosettes.

Mine are NOT coming out looking like flowers!

I'm sure y'all know, but this is what I'm referring to:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1230358[/u]

9 replies
KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:14am
post #2 of 10

Hold tip at a 90 degree angle to the center of the cupcake, tip not touching the cupcake. Pipe a swirl from the center spiraling out to the cupcake edges. That should do it.

klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:18am
post #3 of 10

I just made a ton of those today!! I used the 2D tip...it is the BIG drop flower tip...just use it to swirl on the cupcake...the more you do, the better they get...really easy and really pretty!!

HTH

dmhart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmhart Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:31am
post #4 of 10

When I do my cuppies I start in the center with the tip at a 90 degree angle start to swirl out, as you are swirling out bring the bag down until you are level with the cc. If that makes sence. I am able to show someone how to do something but it is hard to put into words without being able to show you.

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:46am
post #5 of 10

It's all in the wrist. Move ONLY your wrist!

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:59am
post #6 of 10

Hello. That's my cupcake you referenced and the tip I used is NOT a Wilton tip and so that might be why it's not looking exactly how you are hoping or expecting..? It's actually a tip from the Decorator Bottle Set that you can buy from the Pampered Chef. Otherwise, the directions that have been given were true for me and that's how I did it. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about the tip because I'd be glad to help! thumbs_up.gif

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 10 May 2009 , 5:14am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigMomma

It's all in the wrist. Move ONLY your wrist!

Yup!!! Don't move your elbow/arm. You want the icing to fall over on itself. Start in the center, 90 degrees, swirl out using your wrist. I do a ton of these and that's the way I do it.

bizatchgirl Posted 10 May 2009 , 9:20am
post #8 of 10

Thank you all for your help. I can't wait to try again. I only have the 1m, but I have been looking at that Pampered Chef set.

Sandy4ptc, sorry. I looked at a ton of pictures and most said 1M, then somehow when I went and linked a pic, I did the one that isn't 1M. Duh!

Thank you so much for your responses. Trying to make some nice spring cuppies for all the moms in my life and I hope I can make something even remotely close to Sandy4ptc's!!!

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:35am
post #9 of 10

you'll get the same effect from the 1M icon_smile.gif

bizatchgirl Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:51pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks all. I tried some more today and I'm still just not getting them quite right. I almost think it's my icing though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%