Patchwork Cutters Do You Use Them?

Decorating By queenie1958 Updated 24 May 2009 , 7:54pm by tinygoose

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:28am
post #1 of 10

I just ordered some patchwork cutters and have seen the recipe for color flow and also a marshmellow recipe. Has anyone used these?
Did you find the cutters easy to decorate with or a pain in the butt?

9 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 10

I have never used patchwork cutters...but I'm really interested in them. I thought I would reply so that I can see what everyone has to say. And of course what your experience is once you get your patchwork cutters!

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:40am
post #3 of 10

I use them very often. Make cake decorating easier, n once u get the hang of it its very easy. If u check my blog (sugarcraftjude.blogspot.com)u can see christmas/communion cakes done with patchwork cutters.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 May 2009 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 10

Jud - we couldn't read your blog website...it came up blocked. Could you PM me with the info?

Thanks!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 11 May 2009 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 10

I just recently started using patchwork cutters and LOVE THEM! I used them to make the Feldman dress in my photos. I have used them for other cakes as well but I am new to it and haven't posted the pics. I liked the butterflies best for spring cakes. I think with me, I love whatever "new" thing I try and then on to the next. Which one are you getting?

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:46am
post #6 of 10

I love Patchwork cutters & have several. I use gumpaste but I am going to order mexican Paste mix from Global as that is supposed to be the best thing to use with Patchwork cutters.

icecube2604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icecube2604 Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:22pm
post #7 of 10

Jud, could you pls send me your blog name by MP?
Thanks.
Paula

icecube2604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icecube2604 Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 10

Jud, could you pls send me your blog name by MP?
Thanks.
Paula

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:37pm
post #9 of 10

I love patchwork cutters...About three years ago I took a class with Nick Lodge and it was awesome. The cutters are very versatile and fun to play with. Here's a couple of the samples we made in class. I have a video and a couple of books I purchased on how to use patchwork cutters.
LL
LL
LL

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:54pm
post #10 of 10

save. TamiAZ wow wow, beautiful...gonna have to pull out the few patchwork cutters I have, I've never actually used them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%