Cake Needed Using This For A Theme, Hmm..

Decorating By kathy164 Updated 10 May 2009 , 4:24pm by kathy164

kathy164 Posted 9 May 2009 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, this is a retirement cake. For a Lady. I need to put a cake together using these items for the theme. Bingo, Reading, and Watching TV. Any suggestions?? IT can be serious or silly. Thanks for the help.
Kathy

5 replies
KoryAK Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:00am
post #2 of 6

I did one one time with lots of themes like that in "snapshots" like a photo album. Rectangles of different colored fondant, each one in one theme.

KrissieCakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:10am
post #3 of 6

Believe it or not I did one that included Bingo, Bunko, Red Hat, and Betty Boop! It was a little gaudy (ok a lot gaudy), but my aunt absolutely loved it! Instead of a normal fondant ball border, I made the balls into bingo balls, marking them with an edible marker. You could do something like that for the bingo part.

Price Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:48am
post #4 of 6

Make a fondant figure. Have her sitting in a chair or sofa, feet propped up. Reading a book on how to perfect the art of Bingo?

Price Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:49am
post #5 of 6

KrissieCakes. I like the idea of fondant Bingo Balls! thumbs_up.gif

kathy164 Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 6

oh thank you all. i love the suggestions. i will come up with something from this help. Thank you, I am a little nervous cause the lady retiring is my mom, after 41 years being a secretary at the hospital. Thank you all, Kathy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%