Cake Needed Using This For A Theme, Hmm..

Decorating By kathy164 Updated 10 May 2009 , 4:24pm by kathy164

kathy164  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 9 May 2009 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, this is a retirement cake. For a Lady. I need to put a cake together using these items for the theme. Bingo, Reading, and Watching TV. Any suggestions?? IT can be serious or silly. Thanks for the help.
Kathy

5 replies
 KoryAK  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:00am
post #2 of 6

I did one one time with lots of themes like that in "snapshots" like a photo album. Rectangles of different colored fondant, each one in one theme.

KrissieCakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:10am
post #3 of 6

Believe it or not I did one that included Bingo, Bunko, Red Hat, and Betty Boop! It was a little gaudy (ok a lot gaudy), but my aunt absolutely loved it! Instead of a normal fondant ball border, I made the balls into bingo balls, marking them with an edible marker. You could do something like that for the bingo part.

Price  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:48am
post #4 of 6

Make a fondant figure. Have her sitting in a chair or sofa, feet propped up. Reading a book on how to perfect the art of Bingo?

Price  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:49am
post #5 of 6

KrissieCakes. I like the idea of fondant Bingo Balls! thumbs_up.gif

kathy164  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 6

oh thank you all. i love the suggestions. i will come up with something from this help. Thank you, I am a little nervous cause the lady retiring is my mom, after 41 years being a secretary at the hospital. Thank you all, Kathy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%