How Many Servings Can I Get Out Of This?

Decorating By vanz Updated 10 May 2009 , 10:04pm by vanz

vanz Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 8

A 4 tiered cake with the following sizes:

16" round - 4"high
12" round - 3" high
10" round - 8" high
8" round - 4" high

How many wedding cake servings could I get?

thanks,

7 replies
mbt4955 Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 8

If you google "wedding cake serving chart" you will find a lot of links. Since your tiers are all different heights, you are going to need to figure them one tier at a time. I would think that the 8" tier would count twice.

Here is a link to Earlene's chart that a lot of people use. I think that it is based on 4" tiers, so you would still need to do some calculations. http://www.earlenescakes.com/ckserchart.htm

HTH.

vanz Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the link.... how do you charge the top tier of the cake if it is not included in the number of servings... say, if I charge $3.50 per serving and I need 200 servings, that means I have to make cake for 200 minus the top tier.

Is the cost of the top tier included in the per serving price?

vanz Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the link.... how do you charge the top tier of the cake if it is not included in the number of servings... say, if I charge $3.50 per serving and I need 200 servings, that means I have to make cake for 200 minus the top tier.

vanz Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 8

-K8memphis Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:05am
post #6 of 8

Yes charge for all the servings you provide. Some folks give a coupon to get a free 6" at the first year anniversary--great marketing tool.

I give two 4" cakes boxed (made from cake cuttings, scraps or leftover batter) that I deliver with the wedding cakes--so they have a honeymoon bite of cake and a cake all ready for the freezer. I say it's my gift to them and they can use all their servings to serve their guests--goes over well.

But really what happened is I went quietly tragically insane trying to determine how many servings and then deduct the top tier . So let them eat cake!! An extra one that is. I mean we always have tons of scraps or a bit of leftover batter.

Anyway--yes charge for all the servings

sarahcupcake Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:31am
post #7 of 8

Oh my goodness k8memphis! That is a fabulous idea! I always have leftover batter and frosting, that is such a sweet special touch to add to your orders. Thanks for the tips!

vanz Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:04pm
post #8 of 8

I like the anniversary gift idea. thanks for sharing...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%