You Guys I Need Help Really Bad Right Now!!!

Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 10 May 2009 , 4:20am by blondeez

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 9

I'm having trouble with my EI printer! I've printed out test runs of the photo I need and every time it came out PINK! I've changed settings & I've even called support(they were no help! the guy was pretty grumpy). I have a cake due tomorrow for mother's day and this photo is the main thing they wanted!!! icon_cry.gif I've had the printer for a month or so and used it twice....please help if you can

8 replies
varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 9

It sounds like you're out or low in some of your inks. I don't have an edible ink printer, but generally with my regular printer, if I'm out of cyan ink, the picture comes out pink.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 9

thing is, i did a nozzle check and all the colors came out on the sheet and cyan came out the strongest! I don't know what to do....the guy(rudy) advised me to call back monday...well it would be nice if i could get some help today!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 9

If you get desperate, you can always go to Walmart or somewhere that also does edible images and ask if they can print one for you. They usually charge about $10.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 9

this really sucks....now the printer is saying it doesn't recognize the ink cartridges & to replace them.....I'm getting angry & I think I'm gonna send this crap back!

drummer27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drummer27 Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 9

What kind of printer is it? Sometimes you have to go through and callibrate the printing heads and then print out a color test. You could also try to google the problem, you'd be surprised how much you might find on it. Good Luck!

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:42pm
post #7 of 9

epson nx400....I ordered the kwickscan system frm kopycake. To everyone interested in an EI printer: DO NOT order the kwickscan system...not worth the cost! you will do better buying the printer & supplies on your own

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:10am
post #8 of 9

I've had simalar problems with my nx200 remove the color cartridges and the clean and replace them be sure to run your print head check. I've had problems with the epsom printer saying it empty when its not. Good luck

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 10 May 2009 , 4:20am
post #9 of 9

Hope things clear up and you get your printer working correctly. Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%