Has Anyone Done This Before?

Decorating By elkinchahin Updated 9 May 2009 , 7:51pm by CrystalEyez

elkinchahin Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 10

Im considering in taking some Wilton courses over at a local Michaels, has anyone taking any before? do you think they are helpful? What do you do in the course?

9 replies
jammjenks Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 10

I took Wilton 1 in Oct. 2006. I really enjoyed the class and learned how to do some of the basic things in there. There are some Wilton instructors here on CC. You'll benefit from the class, but you'll learn even more on this site.

scoutmamma Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 10

some swear by them, others dont... it depends on your current skill level, if you learn well in a classroom setting, it cant hurt! I would love to take one just to be without my kiddos for a couple hours doing something i love! Good luck to you!

elkinchahin Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 10

I know its so hard to get things done with kids, I have a 6 month old, I already told my husband to watch her while I take the class, I think Im going to take it

tonedna Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 10

I can say they helped me to start with my basics. I come a long way since then!
Edna icon_smile.gif

elkinchahin Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 10

I love decorating cakes, and yes I like the whole classroom setting, I want someone else to teach me so I can see how its done.
I wish I could work in a bakery

sweetjan Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:27pm
post #7 of 10

welcome, elkinchahin! and yes, the classes are worth your time~ thumbs_up.gif

sweetjan Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 10

welcome, elkinchahin! and yes, the classes are worth your time~ thumbs_up.gif

elkinchahin Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:36pm
post #9 of 10

thank you for your help

CrystalEyez Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:51pm
post #10 of 10

i took all 4 of the classes offered at Michaels and I think that they are a great starting point. You at least get to know the basics and get a chance to consult with someone to ensure that you are doing it properly. I say go for it. You will be able to tell from just course 1 if it is really something that you are into or not icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%