Can Someone Tell Me How Would Do This?

Baking By aminaz Updated 11 May 2009 , 12:27am by laneysmom

aminaz Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 15

i've been asked to ice my cookies according to the picture below. can someone tell me how i would do this?
LL

14 replies
teriwiley5 Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 15

How about - dip in blue, fondant star (unless you have a starfish cutter), outline & accents?

sarah0418 Posted 9 May 2009 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 15

As far as the shape, you may have to hand cut each one. As far as icing it goes....I would start by outlining the whole thing in dark blue. I would then outline the star and bow in the center with the dark blue. Then I would start flooding the areas with the correct colors. The writing and the face looks like it is done with a food safe pen/marker. As far as the blush on the cheeks, I've never done it, but I think I read on here that you can dip a q-tip in diluted pink coloring and dust it on that way (after the flooding had dried). Hope this helps.

endymion Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 15

I think you could get away with using a large flower cutter instead of hand-cutting each one.

aminaz Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 15

i was thinking of using the large flower cutter, its just the way to ice the cookie i was unsure about.

Misdawn Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 15

If you have a Christmas Wreath-shaped cookie cutter, that would work for the outer part. Then just use a star-shaped cutter for the fondant star.

Joanne914 Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:29pm
post #7 of 15

Does it have to be EXACTLY like that?? I was thinking you could use a flower cutter as suggested previously, or even a round cutter. Cover in blue
and then either pipe on the star after the blue has dried, or even, if you feel like extra work lol (don't know how many you have to make) but it would look 3-D if you made star cookies separately and then "glued' them onto the blue cookie! Best of luck. Can't wait to see your finished cookies.

Joanne914 Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 15

Does it have to be EXACTLY like that?? I was thinking you could use a flower cutter as suggested previously, or even a round cutter. Cover in blue
and then either pipe on the star after the blue has dried, or even, if you feel like extra work lol (don't know how many you have to make) but it would look 3-D if you made star cookies separately and then "glued' them onto the blue cookie! Best of luck. Can't wait to see your finished cookies.

Joanne914 Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:31pm
post #9 of 15

Does it have to be EXACTLY like that?? I was thinking you could use a wreatgh cutter as suggested previously, or even a round cutter. Cover in blue and then either pipe on the star after the blue has dried, or even, if you feel like extra work lol (don't know how many you have to make) but it would look 3-D if you made star cookies separately and then "glued' them onto the blue cookie! Best of luck. Can't wait to see your finished cookies.

cylstrial Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:16pm
post #10 of 15

It's a cute cookie! I hope you're charging an arm and a leg!

blm4mee Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:25pm
post #11 of 15

I have a flower cookie cutter with this exact shape so I'd say use that. Outline with stiff royal icing and flood with runny. On top of that you may need to free hand the star and bow and use icing writers to color in or more flood icing. but definitely icing writers on the words.

FromScratch Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:43pm
post #12 of 15

I would use a cutter like this http://www.coppergifts.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=2194

Pipe the line work on the outer edge and flood with the blue and let it dry. Then do the outline for the star and bow and flood. Then pip on the dots and write with food markers for the face and words... the cheeks look like petal dust which I would put on before you do the face.

icon_smile.gif

endymion Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:18am
post #13 of 15

I'm thinking the cheek color may be airbrushed (or that spray-can type food coloring?) Just a tiny bit on each cheek.

teriwiley5 Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:24am
post #14 of 15

I do cheek color w/a Qtip lightly dipped in luster dust and dabbed on a dry cookie.

laneysmom Posted 11 May 2009 , 12:27am
post #15 of 15

The blue looks like it was painted onto white royal icing, and the star looks like it was flooded. I agree that the cheeks look like smudged petal dust, with the face drawn on after with food markers or painted with a fine brush.

It's adorable, but it sure looks labor-intensive. Good luck!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%