Bad Cake Dreams!!!

Decorating By aligotmatt Updated 9 May 2009 , 9:36pm by cakesdivine

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 3

This last week I have a bad dream about cakes almost every night! One night I dreamed that I forgot about my open house until Saturday night (it's a sunday afternoon in august) and i was trying to bake samples, cover dummy cakes... just FREAKING out.

Then a few nights ago I had a dream that I forgot about a wedding cake, the venue called me and asked if I was on my way and I had NOTHING.

Last night I dreamed that when I woke up this morning the pillars in my cake had all slid outwards and ripped through the fondant. I used the wilton hidden pillars for this cake, had the pillars in, but the cakes were not stacked yet. I woke up and ran downstairs to check my cake. Of course it was perfect, but ack!

I don't know why I'm having them! or so many at once! It's very tiring...

2 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 May 2009 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 3

My gosh girl, you must be so tired when you wake up in the mornings....

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 3

I have this happen to me ALL the time. Not only with cakes but with dance competitions as well. I dream I left all the music at home and the comp is over an hour away from the studio, or costumes left behind or falling apart. Or the dancer is being called to the stage to perform and they are no where to be found. With cakes it is much like yours, me forgetting to bake or not having all the ingredients available and no time to get to the store.

What I have discovered is that when I DO have a nightmare before an event whether it be cake or dance, the event goes off without a hitch, when I don't have a disaster nightmare, things go awry!. So now I look forward to the nightmare, because I know that all will be good the next day! My students use to always ask me if I had a nightmare, they were always relieved when I told them yes...LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%