Need A Laugh?

Lounge By Rose_N_Crantz Updated 22 May 2009 , 7:57pm by mommyle

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 64

Post your favorite cake muggle story! Ever had a person ask something that made you wonder if they were serious or not? How about a question you never thought you would be asked in a million years?

I had a friend once that was asked for a cake with a souffle filling. Huh??? Sorry, can't be done, but this person insisted it had been done. We think she was mistaking mousse for souffle.

Here's my most recent cake muggle story: The other day someone asked me if I do sheet cakes in rounds. Uuummmmm... I basically ended up telling her the sizes and shapes we offer. I didn't feel like explaining her mistake.

So please share! We all gotta laugh about these things!

63 replies
jammjenks Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 64

Lady calls me and says, "I was on your site the other day and wondered if you do fonda."

Well I don't know any Fonda, but if I did I would not do her. icon_lol.gif

cakesdivine Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 64

Ok...I use to have a company called Kinky Kakes, it was an adult novelty cake shop. I once had a client order a cake then ask me if I delivered, and I said most certainly. Then she asked me if I would deliver it in the NUDE!...I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants! I told her we were a bakery not a strip-o-gram service!

jammjenks Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:07am
post #4 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Ok...I use to have a company called Kinky Kakes, it was an adult novelty cake shop. I once had a client order a cake then ask me if I delivered, and I said most certainly. Then she asked me if I would deliver it in the NUDE!...I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants! I told her we were a bakery not a strip-o-gram service!

Oh good Lord...she'd be awfully disappointed if I showed up nude. That would be more than she bargained for! icon_razz.gif

Idreamofcakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:17am
post #5 of 64

April I swear I can always count on you to make me pee my pants!!!!

I don't know which of your posts was funnier! icon_lol.gif

Idreamofcakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:23am
post #6 of 64

My sis texted me the other day and said the guys in her wearhouse want to make a penis cake. So asked her if she would call me and ask me. Well I had a very bad day of PMS, so I had a few responses. Make a mold of one of yours and go from there, but then there probably wouldn't be enough to feed anyone, ask one of your wives, google it and figure it out yourself!!!(those were just a few ) I was curious why the ALL the GUYS wanted to make this type of cake, but really didn't have the desire to ask....ugh!

sandykay Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:29am
post #7 of 64

I had someone ask me could I do a precious moments cake, which as you know they are religous based, then they said can you make them nude. I gave them the name of a different baker. Sorry not going there, may be it were some other figurines.

indydebi Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:28am
post #8 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Quote:

Oh good Lord...she'd be awfully disappointed if I showed up nude. That would be more than she bargained for! icon_razz.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I was thinking the same thing! (about ME ... not about YOU!) icon_lol.gif

My very first wedding cake .... 3 tiers, with pillars between each tier ..... bride asked for it "white cake, blue icing, and pre-cut". icon_confused.gif As much as I didnt' know back then, I knew you couldn't "pre-cut" a 3-tier cake!

SugarFrosted Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:45am
post #9 of 64

This regards the design of a cake...

Quite a number of years ago a woman with a British accent called and asked "Do ya do The Toy?"

I was puzzled and said I didn't understand.

She said "Ya know, the movie about the boy's toys that come to life?"

I knew she what was talking about then, said Oh you mean Toy Story, and asked what she had in mind.

She said "I wanna cake to look like the spaceman...
oh, what's his name?... oh, ya know...Bud Lightbeer?"

I started to choke on my coffee and asked her to hold on a minute. I put the phone down and ran into another room, shut the door and coughed and laughed till I almost wet my pants.

I came back and took the order. She asked me if I was ok, because I couldn't stop giggling.

costumeczar Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:50am
post #10 of 64

I had one idiot who had ordered a very intricate wedding cake with a ton of gumpaste flowers if I was going to make them a model of it so that they could see it beforehand. Uhhhh, no.

KitchenKat Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:12am
post #11 of 64

I have lots! Such as the one who sent her office errand boy to pick up a 6lb, 2 foot tall doll cake. He came on a motorcycle!

And my here's another one starring my son and the cake that launched our career. My biz partner (shelly2005) and I made a penis cake (gumpaste penis on white choco cheesecake). I kept it in our home fridge till delivery time. That night we had guests, international visitors from our church's matron's society (think lil old grannies) as well as the leader of a big catholic renewal community from india. Come dessert time, I served chocolate cake. My cheeks burned redder and redder when 6YO started saying over and over, "I don't want chocolate cake, I want the FINGER CAKE in the fridge" . One of the ladies replied, "I'm sure it's a wonderful cake dear, maybe your mom can show it us later." Uh I don't think so. icon_redface.gif

LittleLinda Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:23am
post #12 of 64

Recently a woman on the phone ordering a cake for an 80 year old guy said "He likes baseball and Schlitz beer". I misunderstood, and I repeated "baseball and Shakespere?" We both laughed.

jennicita Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:43am
post #13 of 64

By popular demand I taught a mini cake decorating class for some women in my ladies group. I was going to have them do a rainbow cake and to cut down on prep time for everybody, assigned each woman a color of frosting that she should bring. A woman that I had never met before was also interested in coming and we still needed white (clouds at the ends of the rainbow) so I said she should bring white frosting.
Her question? Where do I get white food coloring? I had to explain that the frosting is already white, no coloring needed!

Of course then on the day of the class who didn't show up? And didn't call to let me know (even though I specifically asked everybody to)? Yep, miss white food coloring. Her reason for not calling me? It was only white, not a color that would be missing from the rainbow. Grrrr... Luckily I had some extra frosting along just in case.

Not nearly as funny as some of the other stories here but I was shocked by such extreme cake muggle-ism! I guess I really do live in a different world!

jenny

Chippi Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:57am
post #14 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

This regards the design of a cake...

Quite a number of years ago a woman with a British accent called and asked "Do ya do The Toy?"

I was puzzled and said I didn't understand.

She said "Ya know, the movie about the boy's toys that come to life?"

I knew she what was talking about then, said Oh you mean Toy Story, and asked what she had in mind.

She said "I wanna cake to look like the spaceman...
oh, what's his name?... oh, ya know...Bud Lightbeer?"

I started to choke on my coffee and asked her to hold on a minute. I put the phone down and ran into another room, shut the door and coughed and laughed till I almost wet my pants.

I came back and took the order. She asked me if I was ok, because I couldn't stop giggling.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That is hilarious!

cakesdivine Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:15pm
post #15 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Quote:

Believe me that is exactly what I was thinking too! I mean I was in my late 30's with 3 kids and definitely no longer the petite thing I was in my younger days...LOL! icon_lol.gif

Mac Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:50pm
post #16 of 64

The only one I can come up with is:

I want buttercream frosting but don't make it too sweet. Hello? It's made with sugar.

indydebi Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:53pm
post #17 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

I want buttercream frosting but don't make it too sweet. Hello? It's made with sugar.

"Well, I could make it with taco sauce, but I don't think it will go well with chocolate cake."

Shelle_75 Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:45pm
post #18 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

"Well, I could make it with taco sauce, but I don't think it will go well with chocolate cake."

LMAO ~ taco sauce!!!!

cylstrial Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:55pm
post #19 of 64

You all are cracking me up! Budlightbeer and the finger cake!! HAHAHA

costumeczar Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:20pm
post #20 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

Maybe you could put the taco sauce icing on the ketchup cake that people were talking about on here last week.

JCE62108 Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:26am
post #21 of 64

At the bakery I work at, customer questions when buying an ice cream cake:
"Do I leave this sitting on the counter at home?" Sure, just get some straws on your way out.
"Can I put it in my FRIDGE?" Its ICE CREAM. Why dont people get its ICE CREAM?
"Whoa, a sheet is THAT big? That wont fit in my freezer. Crap." We told you so.
"How fresh is this cake?" HELLO its frozen.
"What do you mean you cant carve a teddy bear cake? Where is your manager." Id like to see you carve an intricate 3D ice cream cake with whipped topping.

txsteph Posted 11 May 2009 , 3:46am
post #22 of 64

I am laughing so hard at all of these. My hubby keeps asking me what is so funny but I can only wave him away. I really needed this tonight, Thanks!

__Jamie__ Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:17am
post #23 of 64

I wish I had something to contribute. I'm just dealing with a dumb dumb who doesn't understand missing appointments is kind of a big deal and when I finally showed a bit of aggravation with her...oh we won't be needing your services since we seem to inconvenience you.

Man, I'm getting some jerks lately!! It's harshing my mellow! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Mac Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:48am
post #24 of 64

After the first missed appointment, I would have told her the next appointment would cost her $25 (an hour of my time). Once she decided on her cake, you could have put the $25.00 towards the cost of the cake.'

Do not lay down for these kind of people, they will walk all over you.

LittleLinda Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:43am
post #25 of 64

Once I made a sheet cake and put it in the back of my Caravan (in a box covered with plastic wrap. Thank goodness it was for my FIL and not a customer! The kids piled into the car and there was a large trash bag of clothing in the back seat that I was going to donate. My son grabbed the bag and tossed it into the back withouth a thought. When we arrived at the house, I opened the back and said "where's the cake?" (under the bag of course!). The cake didn't smash, the pastic was stuck to the design so you could still tell what it was (a lottery scartch ticket). And thanks to crusting buttercream, the plastic came off without sticking at all!

indydebi Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:48am
post #26 of 64

Linda, that reminds me of the birthday cake I made for my sister. I put it in the back seat and started the 75 mile drive. My youngest was in the front seat. She laid the seat back to sleep during the ride.

I had NO idea the seat would lay back far enough to smach the cake! icon_surprised.gif

It was super upsetting because this birthday cake was for my sister who was mentally retarded. She was dying of cancer and every birthday had the possibility of being her last. I wasn't upset with my daughter, because it was a total accident .... but my sister, god luv her, thought the story was funny!

Charb31 Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:02am
post #27 of 64

I'll just let your imaginations run with this one...
Our club had a member just for the summertime about 3 years ago. At the end of the summer, he was off to Iraq once more. I wanted to do a really special cake for him that involved bluebonnets, volleyball, and boobs. The bluebonnets was the name of our club, volleyball was what we played ALL THE TIME, and well...boobs...cuz well...that's what he saw ALOT of ALL THE TIME! The owner/mgmt of club asked me to do a cake for him...so I told her what I wanted to do. She said..." the bluebonnets, and volleyball are ok....but not the boob part...it's inappropriate!" WTF?? It's a naturist park for cripes sake!!! Boobs are what the hell everyone sees....and why would it be inappropriate? She wanted a flag...phllbbbttt....on your flag. Well, I have done numerous boob cakes (all in good taste mind you) and have proudly flaunted them (the cakes people...work with me here).

KonfectionKonnection Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:13am
post #28 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE62108

At the bakery I work at, customer questions when buying an ice cream cake:
"Do I leave this sitting on the counter at home?" Sure, just get some straws on your way out.
"Can I put it in my FRIDGE?" Its ICE CREAM. Why dont people get its ICE CREAM?
"Whoa, a sheet is THAT big? That wont fit in my freezer. Crap." We told you so.
"How fresh is this cake?" HELLO its frozen.
"What do you mean you cant carve a teddy bear cake? Where is your manager." Id like to see you carve an intricate 3D ice cream cake with whipped topping.

I can't believe people ask these questions! icon_lol.gif How funny! (Well, unless you're the one who has to keep explaining, huh?) My DH loves ice cream cake--I'll definitely have to share these w/ him when he gets home. thumbs_up.gif

weirkd Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:14am
post #29 of 64

People you guys are cracking me up! Thanks I needed that!!! It never fails to amaze me what people do or say. I had a sister of a bride contact me about a cake. Wanted to do it really cheap. Okayyyy. So it was suppose to be her, the bride and the FOTB at the tasting. Instead the bride, a different sister and the baby of the sister I was contacted by show up. They tell me probably about ten times that they were the wrong people to be doing this tasting. What you dont eat?? Tastebuds melted off? The bride acted a little weird. Either she was high,drunk or just brain dead.
So I really had to ask them questions about the wedding, and what she was looking for. So I thought I would try first to find out what they had in common. After about twenty minutes and some serious burning smells, the only thing she could come up with is the fact they drink beer/met in a bar was the only thing in common. She actually said she wanted beer bottles on her cake! Okayyy do you want the monogram "AA" on top or you going to wait until your papers are served??? So after they changed the baby's dirty diaper on my white couch, they left and I vowed that it wasnt worth my time! Then realized she left the baby's toy. Mailed it to them, never got a thank you out of it and then a couple more dumb questions later they told me they were going with someone else. Thank God! Some people you just have to walk away from. You know their going to be difficult or take up so much of your time its not going to be worth it! (RUN AWAY!)

sweetsbystacy Posted 12 May 2009 , 1:26am
post #30 of 64

Oh my gosh these are great.

I had one who called and wanted a round cake to feed 75 people with a 3D pic of Lake George, NY covering the top. She wanted everything edible, which I means I would have been doing fondant or GP pine trees, carving mountains, making a ton of cake.

She called on Tuesday, wanted the cake on Friday. Um, I don't think so. Then when I told her there just wasn't enough time, she said "oh, I usually get cakes at (local grocery store) within a day, so I thought that calling you today would give you plenty of time." Just for S & G's, I asked her what the budget was for this cake. Her answer? "I wasn't looking to spend more than $75." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My other story, which I posted a separate thread about, was that one of the moms at my daughters preschool dropped off what was left of the cake I made for the teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week.......and left it on MY FRONT STEPS. In a cardboard cake box. Outside. She said, after I called her on it, that another parent had said I wanted the cake back. Ummmm, EEEEEWWWWWW! Like I would tell a bride, "Here's the cake, I want the leftovers." So it's covered with bugs, box half eaten by some animal, yuck. Then the woman has the nerve to lie to me and tell me she tried to call and left a message. I have caller ID and voicemail. No call.

Good grief people make me nuts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%