Indydebi's Recipe For Bc

Decorating By lvspaisley Updated 9 May 2009 , 3:37pm by Win

lvspaisley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvspaisley Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 2

Hi All!

I am going to make indydebi's BC today for the first time. As much as I love Serious Cake's recipe (and that's all I've used for a year), I just cannot get it mixed without tons of air bubbles...

I sent indy a PM, but thought I'd ask...how much does one recipe yield? And is it whole milk?

Thanks!
Kristi

1 reply
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 2

It can be any kind of milk... I actually use half and half or Italian Cream Coffee Creamer. The recipe yields enough to amply frost an 11x15 sheet that has been torted. Also, I start the recipe by combining everything but the sugar in my KA and beating it for about five minutes until creamed. My milk goes in warm which seems to help the Dream Whip from getting "crunchy." I use about the full half cup she mentions. Then I add the first pound of sugar and mix until well incorporated, then the last pound of sugar and continue to let it beat well. I never have an issue with air bubbles, etc. Now, that's just how the recipe has evolved for me. I'm sure others have different hints, as well as the expert on it, Debi, herself.
Enjoy, it's my new favorite!

edited for revision of directions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%