How Far Ahead Can I Make Fondant Roses?

Decorating By cakeinthebox4U Updated 9 May 2009 , 2:26pm by cakeinthebox4U

cakeinthebox4U Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 3

I have a quick question - I have a cake due on Wednesday that I want to make fondant roses for and was wondering if I made them up this weekend will they still be okay for Wednesday?
Also as an aside question has anyone used a pasta roller with fondant? I use mine for gumpaste all the time and love it but haven't tried it with fondant? If I put tylose in the fondant would that help let me get it to roll thinner and keep from tearing?

Thank you!!!

2 replies
Laurascakefactory Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 3

your fondant flowers will start to dry like the gumpaste but will be just fine... unless you want them soft. Personally I have used the pasta roller and it was fine. You might just dust the fondant with powderwd sugar or cornstarch to keep it from sticking. I add a little tylose to my fondant when making flowers to help them dry faster. I do not add so much as to turn the fondant into gumpaste.

Hope this helps

cakeinthebox4U Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you Laurascakefactory - it's going to make my life a lot easier to make the roses ahead of time rather then trying to make them and decorate the cake all in one night icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%