A Poem On A Wedding Cake

Decorating By Debbyo Updated 16 May 2009 , 7:12pm by MissBaritone

Debbyo Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 6

Hello there,

I am trying to find out the best way to put a poem onto the sides of a round four tier wedding cake and i am finding it impossible so I am hoping that some of you might have suggestions.

I had originally thought of making the letters using Sugar Florist Paste and my little letter cutters but I need the writing to be at least 5 cms high and cannot find letter cutters anywhere of this size!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Debbie x

5 replies
Donnagardner Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 6

You can pipe it in royal icing and then apply it to the side but make extra just incase cause they are fragile.....but I am sure you will get lots of better ways suggested here.

shelbur10 Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 6

You could print out the letters on paper, then use that pattern to cut out fondant or gumpaste, or even trace them with RI (although breakage is a huge concern there, make extras!)

costumeczar Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:14pm
post #4 of 6

Just pipe it directly on the cake.

Debbyo Posted 16 May 2009 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks guys...............I tried piping & I am a disaster at it!!!! I am frantically looking for the cutters now! I managed to get the alphabet letters on a ruler but they are two small....my hunt continues!!!!

Thank you all for your advice

Debby x

MissBaritone Posted 16 May 2009 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 6

print the letters out on your computer to the right size. Place against your cake and use a pin to prick through the letters. Remove the paper and you're left with a pin prick outline that you can pipe over

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%