Need Some Tips On Tips.

Decorating By bakermommy4 Updated 9 May 2009 , 12:05pm by Luvsthedogs

bakermommy4 Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:20am
post #1 of 3

I have tons of tips that I've purchased from Michaels. They are all Wiltons tips. I'm going to cake camp in Sept. and the lists of supplies needed are PME tips.. Now is there a difference technically or is PME a name brand. I've searched online and I see one big difference...PRICE. The PME tips are $4-$10 each. My Wilton tips were no more than $1.50 I believe, got em so long ago I don't remember.

So, I need some tips about tips. Are they worth the price, is there a difference performance wise...for $10 they should pipe out my decorations without my help, just a couple of claps with my hands and they should jump right up on the cake and get to piping.

I don't mind spending the money if it is worth it.

Thanks ahead for any "tips" icon_smile.gif

2 replies
joenshan Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:39am
post #2 of 3

don't really have a good answer, just wanted to say your post is hysterical. I have all Wilton tips and they have done fine by me. Perhaps you could take a look at the PME tips and see if they have some cutting edge aerodynamic design...otherwise, my guess is the difference in the appearance of your piping would be negligible.

Luvsthedogs Posted 9 May 2009 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 3

Looks like the PME tips are made of stainless steel and won't rust. I've never had trouble with a Wilton tip rusting, but did have minor rusting on a few generic tips I bought a local supplier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%