Will Black Or Red Fondant Bleed?

Decorating By nicolesprinkle Updated 9 May 2009 , 9:39am by umgrzfn

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:50am
post #1 of 3

I made a cake covered in white buttercream and I have to put black and red fondant accents on it. I also have to keep it refrigerated because it is super hot and humid. Will the black or red bleed onto my buttercream? It is homemade Michele Fosters fondant that I colored. Thanks!

2 replies
yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:04am
post #2 of 3

i just did a cake with black accents and some of them i put a tad too much water and had black running down my white background. luckily it easily wiped off with a paper towel, but i don't think you could do that with buttercream. i personally think it would be fine if you put the accents on and refrigerated it as long as you are careful to use minimal water in attatching or just attatch with extra bc

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:39am
post #3 of 3

I agree with yamber82! I am throwing a surprise sweet 16 party for my daughter and everything I have done is pink and black. Black is VERY hard to work with (as far as it running with to much glue/water icon_mad.gif ). Someone on here told me to start with chocolate fondant and then add black so you don't have to add so much color. I haven't tried it yet, but it makes sence! I have also found that to get RED, you need to add a lot of coloring so I'm assuming the same thing will happen as the black if you get to much water. It will be harder to correct with BC. Hope it goes well for you! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%